I’ll be teaching on a burning crater of revival TONIGHT and tomorrow you can audit theLab class SIX ENEMIES!
A key strategy of revival here in Detroit is to gather all of the pastors, leaders and people hungry for God to move in this city—every single week!
Just imagine what that would look like! When this mission is finally successful, we’ll meet in stadiums and convention centers every single week together!
No other ministries, programs, personal focuses, entertainment, etc. will be scheduled in Detroit during those consecrated hours. Yes, I’m serious! Literally every single revival minded person will be in the same place, praying in fire, together, every week without fail! I get wrecked just thinking about it!
One way we are moving in this direction is by sounding an alarm to gather 1000 INTERCESSORS. Senior pastors, leaders, intercessors and revivalists who are ready to see the life of God flood into Detroit are asked to join together every Friday night from 10pm-midnight. Check out www.revivallab.com for more info and the location of upcoming events. (We pray in a different church every Friday night.)
THE COMING CHURCH
I’ll be talking about the changes in the church including the call to gather corporately tonight at 7:30pm. I’m trembling about the implications of tonight’s event. Come EARLY—it’s going to be packed.
For more info go here: https://burton.tv/2011/07/28/urgent-update-dream-about-fridays-ministry-event/
Tomorrow, from 10am-2pm, I’ll be teaching from my book Six Enemies.
There are enemies who are threatened by your destiny. Prepare to push back.
Planted in all of us at conception is a deep desire to fulfill our purpose on the Earth. Some are consumed by this persistent call to the point of fatigue, anxiety and burnout. This teaching will help reignite the fire of passionate pursuit toward your fulfilled destiny.
The cost is $15. Pay at the door by credit card, check or cash.
We meet at THE TABERNACLE: 14205 12 Mile Road, Warren, MI 48088
A friend sent me an important dream about tomorrow’s event
I’ve been trembling and stirred about tomorrow’s event at The Tabernacle, but I wasn’t sure why. Check out this dream a friend had, and then do everything you can to join with us for what is sure to be a shocking evening.
I woke up (in the dream) and started going about my day. Then I realized, it was Saturday. I was like “I missed it! I missed the service! John was speaking and I really needed to be there!”
I thought back (in the dream) and was trying to remember why I wasn't there and all I had been doing was hanging around, wasting time. I didn't have anything else planned; I was just doing day-to-day stuff and the service slipped my mind.
I remember feeling so distressed in the dream because in the dream I knew it was a significant, crucial thing and I had really missed out by not being there.
Then I was talking to you later that day and I said something to you and Amy about being sorry that I missed it, I had wanted to come, etc. and you said something like “Don't worry about it. A lot of people seemed to forget about it. It was important, but there were not very many people there. So you really didn't miss anything.”
Then I woke up very upset and disturbed and cancelled my plans for Friday night. The impression I got was that people are sleeping through/wasting time/ etc. important, strategic things they should be a part of. And because of the people not there that are supposed to be, things aren't happening that are supposed to happen.
See you Friday!
For those of you know know me, you know I place an extremely high value on the corporate gathering. One of the greatest threats to revival is being scattered, doing our own thing and not in the same place at the same time so we can contend for revival together.
This is one reason the call to gather 1000 intercessors for Detroit must be sounded. It’s not enough to join an intercession Facebook group or to casually connect. We need 1000 people who are locked in and in position each Friday night from 10-midnight.
THIS FRIDAY is special.
I’ll be sharing a vision I had of THE COMING CHURCH. It’s a fearful and shocking glimpse into what is going to suddenly surprise us.
The service starts at 7:30pm with worship (our very own Revival Church worship team is leading the way), and then I’ll be teaching on THE COMING CHURCH. After that, we’ll pray in fire until midnight.
We’ll be in the chapel at THE TABERNACLE: 14205 12 Mile Road, Warren, MI 48088
Spread the word. This is a key event for this region.
Go here for a preview of what I’ll be teaching: https://burton.tv/2011/07/21/a-fearful-vision-of-what-the-church-will-soon-look-like/
Here’s a snapshot of the vision and the call for revival in Detroit—join with us as we burn!
FIRST: There’s two new designs at www.labreportbrand.com! Head on over there and grab a shirt and declare the healing power of Jesus everywhere you go!
The call for revival in Detroit is both sobering and exciting. We’re calling the Church of Detroit to converge together with us and other revival minded people in pursuit of what could be the greatest outpouring in history. Yes, it’s that big.
First I’ll share what’s coming, and then I’ll relay the big vision that Revival Church and theLab has a mandate to fulfill. You are invited to jump in with us as we build a regional revival center in Detroit!
Most of what is coming is well beyond the scope of our understanding or even our expectancy. However, we know some of what’s on the horizon:
- Thousands of people will be traveling to Detroit from around the world. The reports of God’s unusual and weighty arrival in Detroit is going to capture the attention of the world. Desperate people will fly here, and many of them will instantly be healed as they step off the plane.
- Healing will be continual and very easy. One of the primary draws to this region will be the flood of miraculous healings. People won’t even need to go to the altar or even pray for healing at times. It will surprise them as they are in the presence of God.
- The presence of God will be so extreme that people will literally fall down when they walk through the church doors. People will have to crawl deeper into the sanctuary due to the fearful Kabod of God that engulfs them as they arrive.
- Mass deliverance will result in hundreds or thousands of people instantly and simultaneously set free from fear, depression, homosexuality, lust, anger and other demon driven issues.
- Prayer will be the greatest desire and primary activity of every person touched by God. The prayer rooms will be full and overflowing night and day.
- This furnace will result in cries of repentance as the harvest flocks in to the arms of a loving Father.
- Local churches will yield to the greater regional Church. The days of burning out trying to build local ministries will come to an end as pastors and leaders instead burn hot leading their people into the regional furnace as it ignites all over the city.
A REGIONAL CENTER OF REVIVAL
We know there are many new friends and fellow warriors that will be joining with us in the coming days, weeks and months. Prayerfully consider how you might participate with us.
- Revival Church and theLab are developing as a regional center of revival. We are calling the city church to converge with us in various venues each week as we develop a deeply prophetic command center of revival for the region.
- We are believing for a large ministry campus that will facilitate this vision. As we keep our finger on the pulse of revival in Detroit, it’s imperative that we keep the ministry manned continually. The masses are coming both for training and for freedom, and when they get here it’s important that they can converge somewhere any day of the week. This campus will serve that purpose. I have heard three stories recently of people receiving FREE properties for their church. I’m boldly asking people with the appropriate resources to consider making a significant donation to Revival Church.
- 1000 Intercessors. This mandate is clear. We are calling EVERY pastor, leader, intercessor and hungry person to gather literally every single Friday night from 10pm-midnight as we pray in a different church each week in the region. It’s time to awaken and gather together and pray as a city church.
- theLab Internship is gathering and equipping a team of unique specialists in the Spirit. People who carry and release the burning fire of God into people, churches, cities and regions. The next session starts September 3rd and we’re praying that God provokes people to take a leap into a life of scorching heat in the furnace of revival.
- The 24/7 church. As stated above, our ministry campus will be open continually. Prayer will arise in one area, training in another and worship in another. We are going after a culture of radical devotion to the pursuit of revival.
- A regional pursuit. We desire to run this race with many pastors, leaders and others in the region. Our various services and events take place at times that are mostly free. We’re looking for pastors to lead their people on Sunday morning and then join with us on Sunday evening at Revival Church, Friday night at theLab and other events.
There’s much more, but that gives you an idea. We’re inviting people to make Revival Church either their first or second home (if they have another church home) as we function as a regional revival center. A radical devotion to stay connected and to grow fast will do much to initiate the revival in this region very quickly.
If you haven’t read my latest post on the coming change to the church, be sure you do. You can do so here: https://burton.tv/2011/07/21/a-fearful-vision-of-what-the-church-will-soon-look-like/
The change that’s coming to the church is absolutely unnerving and fearful
First: The following article may provoke the burning inside of you to rage. Join us for theLab Internship and help establish a model of fire that will reform the identity of the church. $100 discount now available. www.revivallab.com
I had an encounter that left me shaken and shocked.
What I saw was clearly a picture of the church…clearly in my spirit, that is, because my intellect was confounded. It didn’t make sense.
Before I share the vision, and some very interesting confirmation and insight, lets look at the current model of the church:
THE CURRENT CHURCH
There’s no way I’m going to attempt to present a comprehensive picture of the church with all of its varying streams and complexities. The point I’m focusing on is the simple, common experience that the current structure and function of the church presents.
- Teaching driven: In most churches, the Sunday service revolves around the message, the teaching.
- Sunday only: The average attendance for a church goer in America is less than two services a month. Most of those services occur on Sundays.
- Predictable & scheduled: Each service and ministry of the church is mapped out and scheduled, and while there is often some flex, you can usually have a pretty good picture in your mind of what to expect during each event. Several songs of worship, a few announcements, receiving the offering and a 30-40 minute message is what most have come to expect.
- Mostly natural: While some churches do experience a measure of supernatural activity, the overwhelming experience is logical, natural and humanly comprehendible.
- Locally focused: Most churches have a vision that is limited to themselves. Their local church is where most of their energy is focused.
- Seeker focused: Even churches that aren’t identified as “seeker sensitive” tend to be intent on attracting visitors and they gear their ministry to do so.
- Personal gain highlighted: God blesses and that message when presented in appropriate context is a necessary one. But, most churches highlight personal benefit while keeping the bar of personal surrender and commitment quite low.
In my encounter, the vision I saw was shocking and quite mysterious. I have had many visions of the church, of reformation, but this one was markedly different. It sure didn’t look like a vision of a church, but it immediately felt like one.
I was standing in an apocalyptic looking environment. It was dark and weighty. In front of me was an absolutely massive crater. God immediately revealed to me that I was looking at the soon coming church.
Really? It sure didn’t look like a church. My initial analysis was that what was coming wouldn’t be defined by what is logically communicable. The building and steeple and Sunday experience was gone, and what replaced it was frightening.
My spirit was provoked and raging, but I knew that those who were more logical than spiritual in their life experience would most probably resist what is just over the horizon.
1 Cor 2:14 The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.
Note, this doesn’t mean the unsaved, it means those who are naturally minded. That’s a lot of Christians. Here’s what Paul says next:
1 Cor 3:1 But I, brothers, could not address you as spiritual people, but as people of the flesh, as infants in Christ.2 I fed you with milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it. And even now you are not yet ready…
The crater that I was looking at looked alive. It was moving and churning. There was glowing red lava coursing throughout.
The closer I got to the edge of the crater, the church, the greater the fear of the Lord was, the more ominous the vision was. I couldn’t casually participate as the shaking and trembling rocked my whole being as I approached this invasion of Heaven into Earth.
Then the vision ended.
I shared this vision in a class at theLab Internship and one of the interns about came out of her skin.
She just watched a National Geographic special on craters on the Earth!
She shared some dramatic revelation about the coming crater based on what God was revealing through my vision and the program she watched.
- The asteroid that caused the crater was huge. When it impacted the ground, the top of it was still 30,000 feet up—that’s where jets fly!
- When it hit, a pillar of fire instantly exploded and reached from the surface of the Earth up into the heavens.
- Balls of fire shot out from the pillar and scorched regions far away from the point of impact.
- A cloud of smoke then rose and actually surrounded the entire planet. The entire Earth was covered by the residual impact of the asteroid.
- Celestial elements, parts of the asteroid that don’t exist on this planet, were implanted into the ground. Heaven was brought to Earth.
- Earthquakes rocked the Earth all around.
- Molten rock filled the crater.
THE COMING CHURCH
We won’t be able to define ‘going to church’ the way we do now.
God is coming to reform, to crush structures of old for what is to be introduced very soon.
The force from Heaven, the celestial asteroid, is going to impact the church, and most pastors and people will resist with everything that’s within them. Man-made support systems will be removed. People’s financial and relational structures will be threatened by this strange, new spiritual invasion.
The human wisdom and natural common sense that has been involved in the development of the current church structure will not be usable in the new. Those who walk by sight are in danger.
We will have to rely on a new set of senses as we, in faith unlike any we’ve ever allowed ourselves to embrace, begin to walk blindly into a fearful new church reality.
- Encounter driven: We will gather together with the primary goal of having an overwhelming encounter with an invisible God. The burning of God will engulf us day after day. A 2 Chronicle church will be the normal reality.
- The 24/7 church: The thought of only gathering in the crater, in the lava of God’s shocking presence, on occasion, a few times a month, will be laughable. Our entire lives will be empowered by this tent of meeting and our energies will be spent gathering the desperate masses into the fire to experience an otherworldly spiritual encounter together. Most days of the week we will easily make room to be in the church, on our faces, trembling under the weight of God.
- 2 Chronicles 7:1 As soon as Solomon finished his prayer, fire came down from heaven and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices, and the glory of the Lord filled the temple.2 And the priests could not enter the house of the Lord, because the glory of the Lord filled the Lord's house.3 When all the people of Israel saw the fire come down and the glory of the Lord on the temple, they bowed down with their faces to the ground on the pavement and worshiped and gave thanks to the Lord, saying, “For he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever.”
- Unpredictable: Finally we will begin to know a God who is limitless in expression. Every moment with him, in our corporate gatherings, will be unlike any other. The fierce burning will never stop, the myriad of emotions we experience as God hovers over us will surprise and overwhelm us continually. A gathering of burning ones will result in fire balls of worship that lead to sharp swords of prophetic teaching that shake the people to their core. Wave after wave of fiery shock and awe will never disappoint. Services will be open ended and will overlap each other as room is made for an uncontrollable Holy Spirit to orchestrate the events in his wisdom.
- Supernatural: We will take the leap from mostly translating God into our natural language and understanding to allowing the Holy Spirit to lead us out of the natural realm and into a supernatural culture that can only be understood via our spirits. The lost will finally have hope as we stop trying to give them logical reasons to ‘get saved’ and we start introducing them to a supernatural God that they have been craving to meet.
- Regionally focused: The level of impact that the rock from Heaven will bring will not be confined to a local church. Pastors and leaders will stop focusing mostly on developing their own local ministry and will instead shelve much of what they did in the old church model and focus on serving the regional mission. The local will give way to the regional as leaders ‘lead’ the people into encounter, into regional mission and into the greater vision of revival and reformation. The spirit of Pharaoh that focuses on personal goals and keeping people locally focused will give way to the spirit of reformation and Kingdom advance that was manifested through Moses and Joshua.
- God focused: Instead of attempting to ‘grow the church’ by focusing on visitors and seekers, the leaders will be fully devoted to a 2 Chronicles 7 strategy of compelling God to show up in extreme, weighty power. The pillar of fire that connects Heaven to Earth is the new goal. In fact, an empty church is a better goal than a full church if we understand that passage of scripture correctly! Many people will leave the church as a more serious devotion to Holy Spirit activity is given, but the supernatural invasion of fire will result in fire, smoke and earthquakes that will rock cities and nations.
- Personal surrender highlighted: Instead of compelling people to ‘join our church’ through the promise of personal gain, we’ll highlight the cross. The cost. The Rich Young Rulers will leave while the end-time remnant will gain confidence in leaders seriousness for revival and will flood in and serve with military level commitment. You will know leaders have turned the corner toward the new model of church when they actually raise the bar so unapologetically that those with money and influence are allowed to go. How many RICH RULERS are in our churches because leaders have compromised the call, just so they don’t lose their money?
The new church will look nothing like we see now. We must learn how to live in the Spirit if we hope to embrace this uninvited yet deeply needed invasion from Heaven. Everything is at risk. Will you embrace or resist this reformation?
Save $100 off the next session of theLab Internship AND you may qualify for an additional 50% off!
We are gathering and equipping a company of burning men and women of God at theLab. Detroit and the cities of the Earth are awaiting an army of people who are consumed with the pursuit of God’s presence, revival, healing and freedom!
Save $100 if you register by AUGUST 15TH!
If you are a student (ages 18-25) or a minister (volunteer, part-time or full-time) you qualify for an additional 50% off! That brings the total cost below $200!
And, if you can gather a group of five people, you will receive an additional 25% off! The potential savings in that situation would bring the cost down to $150! BUT you have to get the process started right away!
The internship I led in Kansas City cost $900, so jump on board with us in our next pre-launch session that runs from September 3rd through November 19th and save BIG!
Contact us for more info. The sooner you can apply the better (the application and approval process takes some time). Visit www.revivallab.com/internship for info and to apply TODAY!
It was an incredible time at theLab class yesterday. So much freedom! There is so so much breakthrough and clarity happening in my life right now! I am looking forward to even more very soon. God really knew what he was doing when He put me here on this journey with such an incredible group of people!!~Victoria
“The internship has completely changed my life. I have been marked, set free…” Valerie
“I’ve been waiting 36 years to see and experience the awesome power of the fire of God through theLab.” Shelly
“God has brought a shift in every area of my life since starting the internship. It is a can’t miss, mind blowing God encounter that will change your life.” Joshua
The deadline is SUNDAY! Save $100 off theLab Internship by registering no later than Sunday, July 17th!
- But first! Revival Church has an app in the Android Market! Go grab it right now! The iPhone app will be available soon!
- Also, STEVE FAIR will be at theLab Internship this Saturday from 10am-2pm. Trust me. Just trust me. You DON’T want to miss this! You can audit the class for $15. Get ready for some deep breakthrough as Steve ministers in deliverance and healing. Just show up at THE TABERNACLE: 14205 12 Mile Road, Warren, MI 48088.
- And! My book SIX ENEMIES is available NOW on Kindle! Plus! My teaching THE TONE OF THE GROAN is available on CD! Go to www.johnburton.net/resources to check both of these out!
- There’s more! The BRAND NEW Labreport website is ready! Head on over to www.labreportbrand.com right now! New designs are added WEEKLY!
THELAB INTERNSHIP PRE-REGISTRATION DISCOUNT
Then, $100 is due 30 days prior to the start of the internship. The remaining $299 is due on day one of class!
After Sunday, the tuition goes back up to $499.
Go to www.revivallab.com/apply today!
We are gathering & equipping a company of burning men and women of God at theLab Internship in Detroit.
JOHN!!!! I love this shirt! How can I get one?~Brian
I just received my second shirt, and am ready to head out and heal the sick!
Head on over to www.revivallab.com/shop and order your favorite today!
SAVE $100! Pre-register for theLab Internship by THIS SUNDAY, July 17th!
People are sharing that they have grown more in the last 6 weeks of the current internship then they have in years. Yes, years!
The next session starts on September 3rd, and I want to STRONGLY exhort you to prayerfully consider jumping in with us.
The current tuition is $499, BUT, if you register by Sunday, we’re taking $100 off! Future internships will most probably settle in at around $800, so don’t wait!
Head on over to www.revivallab.com/internship and apply today!
All of my books are currently $2.99 on Kindle!
Head on over to www.johnburton.net/resources and get four books for the price of one printed version!
My newly revised book SIX ENEMIES is also ready…before the print version is out!
Begin to dream biblical level dreams of extreme supernatural signs and wonders
This message is for you. I am praying that God hijacks you like he hijacked me when he called me to participate in a company of burning men and women of God who will initiate and facilitate revival.
The call is to wholeheartedly embrace the mission and mandate of releasing the fire of revival to such a high degree that entire cultures are changed. Are you able to see with spiritual eyes a nation that experiences dramatic physical healings very, very easily? More easily than taking a pill.
Can you see cities where the masses are flooding into from all over the world because of tangible power and freedom that invades desperate hearts? What about entire groups of people tormented by fear, anxiety, unbelief…demons…instantly and completely delivered at the exact same time?
This is what I’m talking about. A company of burning ones releasing the fire that will result in such an culture. I am boldly asking God to capture your heart and reveal to you how you can jump in to this extreme lifestyle of fire.
So, how can you participate? Great question! We’ve gone to great lengths to schedule our ministries in such a way that most everybody in the region can participate:
- REVIVAL CHURCH: Those who have connected with Revival Church understand immediately that we are not attempting to be a typical, local church. Our mandate is to function as a regional center of revival for the entire Detroit region. We meet on Sunday evenings, so it’s EASY for most anybody in this area to gather with us as we intentionally go after the manifest presence of God. People from other churches are advancing with us as well each week and we’ve experienced dramatic healings week after week!
- theLab PRAYER EVENTS: God very directly mandated us to gather together 1000 people who will travel with us every Friday night from 10pm to midnight as we pray in a different church in the Detroit region each week. We intentionally scheduled these fiery prayer events late on Fridays so every pastor, leader and hungry person in the area can participate. There’s rarely a schedule conflict during this time.
- theLab INTERNSHIP: The fire of God is raging in our current internship, and I would strongly encourage you to ask God if you are to join with us in the next session which starts on September 3rd, 2011. Even those with busy schedules can usually participate with us. This is a call to consecrate ourselves by diving deep into the burnings of God for three months. You can watch a video of people in our current internship here… it’s powerful: http://youtu.be/EhArbbSqXtI
The vision is huge…and is manifesting right before our eyes. There is a lot of prophecy surrounding the call to travel to cities with the company of revivalists we’re equipping to release fire. I see massive events, similar to what I’m experiencing here at onething, or the traveling movement of revival that John Kilpatrick is spearheading. Are you interested?
Contact me with any questions you might have. [email protected].
Healings have landed at theLab! Watch a video of several interns reporting how God set them free!
Today at theLab was HEAVY! Wow! Most of us are without words as God arrived suddenly and surprisingly in the middle of our class today.
The NEXT INTERNSHIP SESSION starts September 3rd, and we are offering a special reduced tuition of $499.
Watch some videos from today INCLUDING one featuring several interns and their testimonies of God’s healing power! The other two show what happened when God suddenly entered the room.
Check out testimonies from some of our interns:
“I have become unoffendable. No man can shake me. The power of God has touched me and I am free!” Sam
“I’ve been waiting 36 years to see and experience the awesome power of the fire of God through theLab.” Shelly
“My anointing has skyrocketed…” Jamar
“theLab Internship has forever wrecked me.” Shannon
“I am so awakened beyond where I’ve ever been before spiritually! There is this volcanic eruption of the Holy Spirit exploding all the time. I AM SO ALIVE!” Jill
“God has come after the strongholds in my life with a vengeance. Together we are violently breaking through to destiny.” Amy
“I have been delivered from the fear of man.” Victoria
“theLab is a place where spiritual combustion happens, and the result is an explosion of fire!” Pam
“Encounter after encounter, realm after realm, breakthrough after breakthrough. Words can’t even describe it. My life will never be the same!” Ruth
“I am wrecked by the community at theLab. It’s an environment of love and acceptance. I have broken through to a new place of freedom!” Marty
“God really is in the resurrection business! I have gone from coasting until I die to really living again!” Kathy
“Through Revival Church and theLab I’ve become a walking, jumping, dancing and praising fire carrier!” Joy
“Through theLab I’ve been exposed to a new way of ‘doing church’…I am in awe of the tangible experiences that even the staunchest skeptic cannot deny!” Alvin
“My body shakes and quakes…I come hungry and I get full. I burn in His presence. I want more!” Gail
“I’m so excited about theLab because now I can see what Detroit will become—a city and beacon set on a hill to draw humanity to Jesus. The anointing on theLab for this endeavor is evident.” Hedy
An OPEN HEAVEN his arrived at Revival Church & theLab!
FIRST—Here’s the latest design in the new Labreport line of clothing. Be a carrier of healing everywhere you go! Go to www.revivallab.com/products.
A surge of life has hit a lot of hungry people over the last six weeks. We are in the beginnings of an unprecedented outpouring in Detroit, and the heavy presence of God has arrived at Revival Church and theLab Internship!
We have had remarkable and surprising healings every week for the past six weeks, and often physical healings are landing on people in their homes, at prayer meetings and other times of the week.
Just last night someone in theLab Internship was ready to go to the hospital for kidney issues. I was surprised to see her arrive to theLab class last night…then I heard she had a fire spread through her body and her kidney was healed instantly!
At Revival Church and theLab we are going after a culture of easy and continual healing—and the nations are about to flood to Detroit in search of the Healer.
DON’T MISS THIS SUNDAY’S TEACHING
Last week I gave the introduction to a powerful series called FOUR FIRES. This Sunday I will be diving into the meat of the teaching, and it is absolutely life-transforming in it’s power. I’ve taught this several times as I’ve ministered on the road, and every time people are rocked. Faith absolutely EXPLODES after hearing it!
theLab Internship Fall Session
Lastly, I wish I could explain how deeply and completely people are being shocked and delivered in theLab Internship. It’s astounding. We are offering a discounted tuition for the next three month session which starts on September 3rd. Head over to www.revivallab.com/internship today and investigate this amazing school of fire. Then, apply and get ready for an unimaginable journey into the furnace of revival!