I preached my last message at Revival Church last night—and it’s a MUST WATCH!
Last night’s service and message were intense from beginning to end. BY ALL MEANS watch my last message at Revival Church.
Will American Christianity finally rid itself of a casual approach? Will we reject an independent spirit? Will we pray continually or just focus on nice church services?
It’s time for fire to erupt! That fire must explode out of God’s remnant people who are ready for massive change—a shift that will result in the old model of church giving way to an extreme, demanding and troubling new wineskin.
I bless Detroit as I move on to Branson, Missouri. Amy Smith has been prepared for such a time as this and I’m excited about her continuing leadership at Revival Church!
Join her and the team of passionate warriors every Saturday at 7pm!
Revival Church is located at 26091 Sherwood, Warren, MI 48091.
Here’s the video:
Here’s the notes:
Teacher: John Burton
Teaching Title: Transition Commission
- A Prophetic Company
- Six years of sounding the same message seems like a long time, but this group is barely getting started.
- The prophetic word of reformation that God is delivering to this region is critical, and until there is response the alarms must continue to sound.
- Remember, this ministry is called to awaken the church and call it into revolution—don’t ever lose that.
- Leonard Ravenhill: The greatest need tonight in America is prophets!
- Leonard Ravenhill: There is a terrible vacuum in Evangelical Christianity today. The missing person in our ranks is the prophet. The man with a terrible earnestness. The man totally other-worldly. The man rejected by other men, even other good men, because they consider him too austere, too severely committed, too negative and unsociable.
- The call is for the pavement people—those who are found on their faces crying out day and night for revival.
- Their focus isn’t on crowds, polished worship or programs for the whole family.
- The focus is on the groan. Until people are seen on their face and heard groaning in intercession we will know the assignment is not complete.
- Rare China video: www.johnburton.net/messages
- The reformed model of church is not only shunned, it’s renounced and soundly rejected by even some of the most zealous Christians. They consider them opinions or suggestions instead of mandates.
- The cost is too high.
- It’s radically uncomfortable.
- It’s seen as extreme and too far reaching.
- Will the church heed the word of the Lord?
- Six years of sounding the same message seems like a long time, but this group is barely getting started.
8. Leonard Ravenhill: “In a day of faceless politicians and voiceless preachers, there is not a more urgent national need than that we cry to God for a prophet! The function of the prophet, as Austin Sparks once said, “has almost always been that of recovery”. The prophet is God’s detective seeking for lost spiritual treasures. The degree of his effectiveness is determined by the measure of his unpopularity. Compromise is not known to him. He has no price tags. He is totally “otherworldly”. He is unquestionably controversial and unpardonably hostile. He marches to another drummer!”
b. The word came to Jeremiah concerning all the people of Judah in the fourth year of Jehoiakim son of Josiah king of Judah, which was the first year of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon. So Jeremiah the prophet said to all the people of Judah and to all those living in Jerusalem: For twenty-three years–from the thirteenth year of Josiah son of Amon king of Judah until this very day–the word of the LORD has come to me and I have spoken to you again and again, but you have not listened. Jeremiah 25:1-3
- For 23 years, the Lord had spoken to His people through His prophet but to no avail.
- Jeremiah means: whom Jehovah appoints
- Jeremiah lived to see his nation go down into sin, war, and, finally, judgment. Through it all, he was faithful to preach the Word of God.
c. And though the LORD has sent all his servants the prophets to you again and again, you have not listened or paid any attention. They said, “Turn now, each of you, from your evil ways and your evil practices, and you can stay in the land the LORD gave to you and your fathers for ever and ever. Do not follow other gods to serve and worship them; do not provoke me to anger with what your hands have made. Then I will not harm you.” “But you did not listen to me,” declares the LORD, “and you have provoked me with what your hands have made, and you have brought harm to yourselves.” Jeremiah 25:4-7
- For over two decades, the prophet has warned God's people to repent or perish.
- Jeremiah's message fell on deaf ears and defiant hearts.
- Will you still boldly call people to response as Jeremiah did?
- Leonard Ravenhill: “Our pulpits today are occupied with puppets rather than with prophets, with organizers rather than with agonizers.”
- Pastor Dan Parton of Manitou Springs: Twenty-three years is a long time for a man to preach with no results. Twenty three years is a long time for a man to preach to deaf ears. Twenty-three years is a long time to be ridiculed and punished for your ministry, yet Jeremiah remained faithful.
- Those who know their purpose and who are burning with a message rarely quit. Will you quit?
b. “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5
- Like Jeremiah you were formed, you are known, you are sanctified and you are ordained.
c. “Ah, Sovereign LORD,” I said, “I do not know how to speak; I am only a child.” But the LORD said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the LORD. Then the LORD reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, “Now, I have put my words in your mouth. See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant.” Jeremiah 1:6-10
- This is what Detroit needs.
- You are the prophetic voices.
I’m ready to burn one last time in Michigan! Tonight’s my last night at Revival Church…see you there!
After nearly six years of amazing adventures in Michigan tonight is the last time I’ll be ministering at Revival Church, at least while still living here!
I can’t wait to cast the vision for full blown, intense revival and to connect with some of Detroit’s most amazing warriors!
Prayer starts at 6:15pm and the service begins at 7pm!
Oh, also…I NEED SOME HELP!!
We’ll be loading up the moving truck on Wednesday, March 11th at 1pm. It will be the EASIEST move you’ve ever experienced. Everything is already in the living/dining room and garage, ready to be put on the truck. With help we should knock it out in an hour. Can you help? PLEASE let me know. We’ll also need help doing some minor cleaning to make the house ready for the new owners.
My second to last message at Revival Church is critical—Nephilim Doctrine.
I'm concerned that the American church has become so enthralled with psuedo-unity and mis-defined love that we are affirming false teachers as if they were comrades. Passivity does not equate to unity and silence does not reveal our love. Those who have been put at risk of Hell by those who are careless with their theology are the ones who deserve our love, care and attention the most…and that often requires a hard, unmovable stance.
Watch this timely teaching now (follow along with the notes below):
Teacher: John Burton
Teaching Title: Nephilim Doctrine
- I’m watching a couple of things happen: Unnecessary division and inappropriate unity.
- I'm concerned that the American church has become so enthralled with psuedo-unity and mis-defined love that we are affirming false teachers as if they were comrades. Passivity does not equate to unity and silence does not reveal our love. Those who have been put at risk of Hell by those who are careless with their theology are the ones who deserve our love, care and attention the most…and that often requires a hard, unmovable stance.
- Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them. For it is shameful even to speak of the things that they do in secret. But when anything is exposed by the light, it becomes visible, for anything that becomes visible is light. Therefore it says, “Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.” Ephesians 5:11-14
- We must watch and beware—and expose the darkness!
- We much be careful that we don’t fall ourselves. It will be VERY easy to do so. The falling away will be GREAT.
- After a little while the bystanders came up and said to Peter, “Certainly you too are one of them, for your accent betrays you.” Then he began to invoke a curse on himself and to swear, “I do not know the man.” And immediately the rooster crowed. Matthew 26:73-74
- Peter was swearing that he did not know Jesus and was invoking a curse on himself if his words were untrue. He was saying, in effect, “May God strike me dead if I am lying.”
- Now, Peter wasn’t deceived by false teaching, he knew the Truth and he still boldly, intentionally denied Christ!
- The risk is even greater for those who think they know Christ but are deceived!
- Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth… Ephesians 6:13-14
- This is a very real warning that we must heed. We must stand.
- Deception will hit millions of current Christians—and the key deception is that the error isn’t something to be that concerned about.
- Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Christ,' and will deceive many. Matthew 24:4-5
- These are not people who will take on the identity of Christ but who will come in his name and misrepresent him.
- Another way to say it would be: “Take heed that no one deceives you. For many shall come claiming to represent Me, saying that I [Jesus] am the Christ, yet shall deceive many.”
- For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve. 2 Corinthians 11:13-15
- See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ. Colossians 2:8
- Continuing from Children of the Last Days teaching:
- They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth. Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these men oppose the truth–men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone. You, however, know all about my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance, persecutions, sufferings–what kinds of things happened to me in Antioch, Iconium and Lystra, the persecutions I endured. Yet the Lord rescued me from all of them. In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:6-17
- Always learning; fresh revelations
- They are learning but can’t acknowledge the truth
- Why? They oppose the truth.
- True Christians will be persecuted for their faith, for their beliefs.
- Impostors are those who are deceiving and being deceived.
- At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. Matthew 24:10-13
- “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. Matthew 7:15
- For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect–if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time. Matthew 24:24-25
- Understand, these aren’t leaders of obscure cults—these will be leading mega churches with crosses on their steeples, phenomenal worship and preaching out of the Bible.
- Baptized by Blazing Fire by Pastor Yong-Doo Kim: Even later that night, as I continued to pray in tongues, I was taken down to hell. I was in a place where there was some devil jabbing a long, sharp spear into rectangular shaped boxes. With foul language, it shouted, “You think you are a pastor? What kind of life did you live? I am ecstatic that you are here with me.” The evil spirit continued to jab the boxes as it cursed. Loud, painful screams came from the boxes, as blood flowed out. I noticed the tops of the boxes were covered with canvass, with a large cross portrayed on it. The boxes were lined up in an orderly fashion, and they stretched endlessly. I could not see where they ended. I realized that they were coffins. Evil spirits were jabbing their long, sharp spears into the holes unmercifully. I asked the Lord, “Jesus, why are the caskets of former pastors here?” Jesus replied, “These pastors did not preach My gospel. They preached another gospel, and those who followed became depraved. This is their end result, a place in hell.” Jesus said, “Depraved pastors will be judged greater.”
- Nephilim Doctrine
- Note that this isn’t titled “The Doctrine of Nephilim,” as that would take us into an entirely different direction.
- In scripture we know that the Nephilim were the offspring of fallen angels and humans. Many believe demons are the spirits of dead Nephilim, but regardless of that we clearly know that they were unholy offspring. Demonized children. A different breed altogether.
- The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown. Genesis 6:4
- What I call Nephilim doctrine is when a demonic seed, a doctrine of demons, is deposited into people who are seeking after truth.
- It’s a theology of mixture—pure Bible truth that has twisted theology, philosophy, mysticism, etc. mixed in.
- When people made in God’s image become intimate with doctrines of demons, unholy doctrine is reproduced. Nephilim Doctrine. Half man, half demon. Doctrines that are received by people who were made in the very image of God results in mixture and a defiled offspring—children that are part ‘image of God’ and part ‘image of Satan’. This is extremely sobering!
- For example, False Grace is a Nephilim Doctrine.
- It has much truth and some mixture.
- Other Nephilim Doctrines might include various New Age beliefs, mysticism, spirit travel (traveling to Heaven at will), “positive Christianity,” simple ideas like “God is always in a good mood,” or teachings that God no longer judges, manifest sons of God, Gnosticism, etc.
- There are Nephilim churches and ministries that are mostly amazing but greatly compromised due to demonically inspired teachings.
- If you had a gallon of fresh, pure lemonade mixed in with a teaspoon of urine, would you drink it?
- Portland planned to dump 38 million gallons of pure water after a man pees in a reservoir.
- Many powerful experiences of God will come…as will many powerful experiences of the enemy…both happening in churches or within popular movements. This is why those who are “experience focused” are at great risk of deception. It may very well feel good, feel like their concept of God…but be a putrid, evil spirit leading them astray. This is why we must be grounded in the Word.
- For example, False Grace is a Nephilim Doctrine.
- Gnosticism is based on a mystical, intuitive, subjective, inward, emotional approach to truth.
- Gnostics claim to possess an elevated knowledge, a “higher truth” known only to a certain few. Gnosticism comes from the Greek word gnosis which means “to know.” Gnostics claim to possess a higher knowledge, not from the Bible, but acquired on some mystical higher plain of existence. Gnostics see themselves as a privileged class elevated above everybody else by their higher, deeper knowledge of God.
- Gnostics assert that matter is inherently evil and spirit is good. As a result of this presupposition, Gnostics believe anything done in the body, even the grossest sin, has no meaning because real life exists in the spirit realm only.
- Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, 1 Timothy 4:1
- This is what happened with Adam and Eve.
- But the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate, and she also gave some to her husband who was with her, and he ate. Then the eyes of both were opened, and they knew that they were naked. And they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loincloths. Genesis 3:4-7
- They desired to be more like God.
- They desired wisdom.
- They received a fresh revelation.
- But, it was truth that was defiled by a demonic teaching.
- But I am afraid that as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ. For if someone comes and proclaims another Jesus than the one we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or if you accept a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it readily enough. 2 Corinthians 11:3-4
- There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death. Proverbs 16:25
- God is calling us to intimacy with the Truth of the Word of God which is what will result in us living undefiled in the image of God. The cross of Christ must be preached!
- I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel– which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned! Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ. Galatians 1:6-10
- There are strong delusions on the rise and we must beware.
- Then the LORD said to me, “The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries and the delusions of their own minds. Jeremiah 14:14
- The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness. 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12
- So, how do we respond?
- I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. Revelation 3:11-13
Amy Burton will be teaching TONIGHT at 7pm on financial prosperity and debt free living!
Discover practical and spiritual steps that will bring your finances into order and set you up for financial breakthrough!
Revival Church is located at 26091 Sherwood, Warren, MI 48091.
If you aren’t local to Detroit, you can listen LIVE at www.thefurnace.tv/live at 7pm ET!
Food, fellowship and information on how to connect on our mission base TONIGHT at 7pm!
Bring food to share TONIGHT!
After a powerful service we will enjoy food and fellowship together, along with info about how to connect at theFurnace!
Show up early if you can, at 6pm, for War Room Prayer prior to the service. Let’s see revival come to the cities of the Earth!
■ CONNECTING IN OUR CULTURE
theFurnace is a team of people intent on being equipped as end time carriers of fire and prophetic messengers. Our mission base is fueled by fervent prayer and passion for revival in the cities of the Earth.
The way to connect in our culture is simple. We encourage everybody who participates in our mission to:
- Join a Prayer Team
Once a week you will participate on a conference call, led by one of the leaders at theFurnace. You will gain an understanding of our passions and will be able to join in our culture of intercession.
- Enroll in theLab University
This three month school of fire will radically transform your life, and will help you capture the vision, passion and DNA of our ministry. You will complete assignments, read books, listen to teachings and participate with us in prayer and ministry events.
- Join theLab Team
After successfully completing theLab University, you will be interviewed for a chance to join theLab Team. You will be involved with a team of amazing people and minister according to your passions and giftings.
Learn more TONIGHT!
See you in a bit!
Prepare to get ROCKED this Friday at 7pm. Pastor Samuel Tatikonda will be at Revival Church.
FIRST: Tonight (Sunday) at 7pm at Revival Church we will continue in worship & equipping. There has been an unusual glory of God that has been manifesting on Sundays lately…and it arrived last night as well. Something supernatural is happening!
The easiest way for you to understand just what you are getting yourself into this FRIDAY is to watch some powerful videos of Pastor Samuel Tatikonda ministering in India.
I’ll include a video of a service that I would love to be a part of! (In fact, I have an open invitation to minister there…come on God!)
Then, I’ll share a video of Pastor Samuel delivering a young man from a demon.
BRING THE KIDS
Bring the whole family and anybody who needs a jolt of fire! We will all be together in a wild atmosphere of prayer and ministry!
Impact lives THIS SATURDAY as we pray over the Winter Jam event with Family Life Radio!
The first show is THIS MONDAY, so be sure to listen in! You can stream it online if you aren’t in the Detroit area here: http://rdo.to/WDRJ
Detroit needs YOU!
5000 cards arrived yesterday, and now we just need laborers to pass them out THIS SATURDAY, February 22nd from 4-6pm at Winter Jam!
The concept is simple—we will walk and pray as people line up outside for the concert. Then, after we pray for a random person, without them realizing it, we will simply hand them a card and say, “We just prayed for you, is there anything else we can pray for?” That’s it!
Family Life Radio is promoting this Prayer Jam on air, and we are believing for a turnout of people who are passionate about revival in Detroit!
At 4pm sharp, meet us at the main entrance to Joe Louis Arena.
Keep in mind, you will need to park and walk, so leave sufficient time!
If you don’t want to interact with people, that’s OK. Just walk with us!
This will be a powerful event!
You can listen to an interview on Family Life Radio here: http://www.myflr.org/john-burton-hope-hero-february-2014/
Then, after the prayer event, you are invited to join us for our Saturday night service at Revival Church! It begins at 7pm!
Revival Church is located at 26091 Sherwood, Warren, MI 48091.
Stop the prophetic nonsense
STOP THE NONSENSE
Someone just needs to say it—it’s time to stop the prophetic nonsense that’s inundating the church today.
I am one who radically affirms modern day prophetic revelation. I teach on it, I’ve written on it and I live it. We should absolutely be experiencing critical and timely dreams, visions and revelation. In fact, we need to live a true prophetic life in a much greater way in the end-times. Our very lives should be driven by revelation.
I’m honored to be traveling to Haiti in a couple of months to teach on the prophetic in a ministry school there. I fully expect God to manifest in substantial ways as we all grow deeper as hearers and proclaimers of God’s messages.
That being said, the fear of the Lord must be continually on us as we stand as God’s mouthpieces in the Earth. The coming revivals that will hit cities and regions must be preceded by bold and accurate voices that prepare the way of the Lord.
The prophetic culture that has taken form in our nation looks little like the one two thousand years ago where a bold wilderness prophet prepared the way of the Lord.
We must have unapologetic calls to repentance and holiness in the spirit of John the Baptist! We cannot expect revival if we don’t have Elijah style prophetic confrontations with the spirit of the age!
Thus says the Lord of hosts: “Do not listen to the words of the prophets who prophesy to you, filling you with vain hopes. They speak visions of their own minds, not from the mouth of the Lord. 17 They say continually to those who despise the word of the Lord, ‘It shall be well with you’; and to everyone who stubbornly follows his own heart, they say, g‘No disaster shall come upon you.’” Jer 23:16-17
Instead of warning the people of the Earth of impending disaster, so many of today’s supposed prophets are building their ministries by promising blessing after blessing—always just over the horizon, in the not too distant future.
Any prophetic voice that doesn’t reveal the dread of the Lord and the call to turn from wickedness as a part of their ministry is a prophetic voice that cannot be trusted. They are not credible.
I about came unglued when I heard about prophetic guarantees that a certain team would be winning this year’s Superbowl.
This is madness! How dare we use the fearful gift of God’s very words to guarantee the outcome of a game? A game!
Can you imagine John the Baptist setting up his fortune teller booth and predicting the outcome of chariot races? It’s insanity—and it’s inexcusable. We must stop the nonsense.
They entice unsteady souls. They have hearts trained in greed. Accursed children! Forsaking the right way, they have gone astray. They have followed the way of Balaam, the son of Beor, who loved gain from wrongdoing, but was rebuked for his own transgression; a speechless donkey spoke with human voice and restrained the prophet’s madness. 2 Peter 2:14-16
The prophet’s madness!
If you want to pack out a conference, develop a reputation of a Jeremiah 23 prophet. Refuse to mention anything challenging. Don’t rebuke. Don’t call to repentance. Don’t highlight the negative. Have a plastic smile on your face and cause everybody to feel great about their condition. Tell them God is thrilled with them and they are primed for massive reward, even if they are walking in compromise and darkness. Embrace the greed of Balaam and form your prophetic words just right so people will give extravagantly to your ministry.
If you want to be accused and despised by most, weep and cry at the state of the church and the world. Develop a backbone of steel and let the fire of God rage in your gut. Let the fire burst out of your mouth as it shocks the sleepers out of their coma!
You probably won’t have a worldwide ministry that draws multiplied thousands, but you will be an obedient servant.
We have become so afraid of coming across as negative! My God! How has the fear of man so bewitched us?
Give me an angry prophet with fire in his eyes and brokenness in his spirit any day! We must be angry—exceedingly angry! The fury of God’s wrath rests on a wicked people, and the church is selling sugar that’s laced with a drug that will put this generation into an eternal sleep!
The topic of revival is what drives me probably more than any other.
While I absolutely affirm various signs and signals that can indicate regional activity of God, I must admit that I’m growing more troubled at the imbalance growing focus on natural indicators of supposed revival.
I stated five years ago when I first arrived in Detroit that revival was not near. I was actually shocked that so many people were so convinced that God was about to pour out in this region. The prophesies continually revealed that revival was imminent.
I was talking with a prominent national leader last week about the state of revival in the Detroit region. He had been very active over the previous several years in the effort to rally the church into revival readiness in this region. I shared with him that the spirit of revival has nearly disappeared. He agreed. I believe we have actually fallen further behind in the pursuit of revival than we were five years ago.
I don’t believe key indicators of revival in a region are materialistic prosperity, natural revitalization or economic gain. It’s mass repentance. Period.
I am not looking at anything other than a sleeping, compromised church and a wicked secular culture with tears in my eyes. The cry is REPENT! Wake up!
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it? Jeremiah 17:9
How is it that we can presume we are where we need to be for revival to break out? Are we letting God search our hearts and crush our resistance to his leadership?
I was interviewed on Family Life Radio today on my book 20 Elements of Revival. I explained to them that I have yet to find a single church that has proceeded beyond element number two.
The first element is agreement. We must be agreed as they were in the Upper Room. They were in one accord. They were also in one place. Element number two is an extreme devotion of time. We must gather together continually as we put the rest of life on the shelf and cry out in repentance and intercession! Without unity around the call to repentance and intercession, we can’t presume to have even taken the first step towards revival!
Now do you understand why it is simply nonsensical to prophesy that revival is right around the corner?
Of course, God can do anything he wants, and certainly there are pockets of Believers in this region and around the world who are contending, repenting, interceding and hungering for God to move—and that is significant. However, there are over 19,000 cities in our nation and NOT ONE of them is experiencing revival! That means we are zero for 19,000! We are doing something wrong—19,000 times!
Revival will be preceded by anointed, love driven, sharp preaching on righteousness. The prophecies must include the coming doom for those who resist God! Warnings must go out to the masses! We can’t just tell people God loves them and that he has a great plan for their life! Come on! We must warn of the wrath the unredeemed are under, reveal the reality of Hell and call them out of condemnation into the light!
I will be discussing all of this and more in just under four hours from right now.
The times we are in a dire, and we need true prophetic voices who not only reveal God’s blessings, but his severity as well.