Absalom: A church destroying spirit | 8 Signs you are under its influence
Absalom is a church destroying spirit that is fueled by human wisdom, complaint and gossip.
I’ve written and taught on the Absalom spirit quite a bit, including in a provocative article I wrote yesterday. I’d strongly encourage you to read it here: https://burton.tv/2013/08/08/a-raw-revealing-direct-message-from-my-heart-troubler-of-israel/
Interestingly, I received two emails today that hit on the topics in that article yesterday. One was from David Wilkerson on “Troubler of Israel” and the other was from Lance Wallnau on the Absalom spirit. I will include that article below.
I share some key revelation on that spirit in my book Covens in the Church, and I’d encourage you to pick it up. It’s only $2.99 on Kindle here: http://www.amazon.com/Covens-in-the-Church-ebook/dp/B005F0I1FG/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1312782087&sr=1-1
The Absalom strategy of the enemy is brilliant.
This spirit is fueled by human wisdom, complaint, gossip and a desire to prove what is right and to use that information to force change in a church. The complaints are often accurate, yet they aren’t driven by the spirit of truth, they are empowered by a demonic spirit.
When I say the complaints are accurate, what I mean is that people have analyzed the situation and arrived at a conclusion that is factually correct. Scripture can usually be found to support the argument. For example, the Bible tells us to take care of the poor. Someone in union with an Absalom spirit might take up the offense of the poor and accuse the church leadership of failure to serve them. The offense can spread and people can rally together and attempt to find someone in the church with influence and authority who will agree with them.
Whenever people attempt to satisfy legitimate needs via manipulation, that is witchcraft. Absalom is drunk on the spirit of witchcraft.
8 SIGNS YOU MAY BE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ABSALOM
How can you know if you are under the influence of the Absalom demon? Here are some indicators:
- Gossip: This should be the easiest indicator, yet even the most seasoned Christians fall victim to the spirit of gossip all the time. I’d discovered that very few really understand what gossip really is.
Here’s my favorite definition: Gossip is any discussion about a person or an entity (such as a church, group or business) that the person or leader of the entity would disapprove of.
Would your pastor approve of your discussion about the church? If not, you are under the influence of Absalom.
- Right vs. Wrong: Are you living in the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil by attempting to prove yourself right and your leaders wrong? Or, are you living in the Tree of Life that results in honoring and serving them?
- Contrary Visions: You and others in the church may see the need for something, such as a soup kitchen, small group ministry or evangelism emphasis. While this may be a valid need, you have to ask the question, “Does it agree with the specific vision of my church?” All churches aren’t assigned to have soup kitchens, for example. It’s important to come under the vision of the house and leave other focuses on your shelf until God enables you to run with it.
- Gathering Others: Are you seeking support for your viewpoint? If you are gathering other people around you who have the same concerns as you, you can know that the same thing happened in the story of Absalom.
- Stealing Hearts: As you gather others, are you stealing their hearts, or are you affirming the pastor or leader they have been assigned by God to? Absalom stole the hearts of people who were under the care of David by listening to their complaints. Always call people to be loyal to their leaders and to approach them, not you, with their complaints.
- Disengaging: Are you running strong with the leader or are you shrinking back into a smaller group of disgruntled people?
- Matthew 18: Are you applying Matthew 18 protocol to situations you are concerned about? Do you approach leadership alone with your concerns, or do you violate Matthew 18 by involving other people and seeking their counsel?
- Division: Have you considered aborting your assignment in the church God planted you in by dividing off into another church? A lot of churches are born out of rebellion in the spirit of Absalom. Is this a desire of your heart? Or, are you willing to grow through the challenge in your current church?
I’ve watched the Absalom spirit absolutely destroy people and churches. The human wisdom that fuels it feels extremely spiritual! The arguments seem scriptural! However, the spirit is deadly.
One possible indicator that you have been impacted by Absalom is how you move from one church to another. If your influence to move on came through arguments of others, and you didn’t involve your leader in the decision, you’ve been hit by Absalom! You should be looking for counsel from the leader God gave you before you talk to others, and certainly before you actually make a decision to leave. Key partnerships of God have been dismantled through the Absalom strategy, and it has left the mission of Kingdom advance at risk.
Here’s the article by Lance Wallnau:
Beware of This Spirit … Absalom!
By Lance Wallnau
Remember my earlier posts on WITCHCRAFT? Here is an update —-Beware the SPIRIT OF ABSALOM who whispers in the ear to the discontented -against YOU!
Tonight I talked with the owner of a growing tech company who was perplexed by the behavior of a key employee. As we talked I kept seeing in my mind the face of an architect friend of mine. The architect had a key employee who one day announced he was leaving the company. He walked off with most of the employee's and all my friends key clients. It was devastating. He did so with out warning. So tonight I heard the word “Absalom” strong in my spirit. This was Absalom.
With this warning in mind I advised my friend tonight accordingly. There may be time to fix this…cause to be honest, this spirit can be active in anyone till you discern how it maneuvers and decide to have no part in it. In my early years, till this was exposed, i was challenged by this spirit. But once it bites you – you never forget it.
Absalom was the third son of David. His sister, Tamar, had been sexually abused and cast aside by David's eldest son, Amnon. (You see just one of the problem's that come's with multiple wives?) David loved his family, but he was a weak and flawed father. He didn't deal with the family problem and Absalom stewed in bitterness until he came up with his own solution – killing his brother. His bitterness, still not satisfied led him to a strategy that would produce the greatest threat to David he ever experienced.
Here is how this Absalom spirit operates. (2 Sam 15:1-31)
Dear Bro.Burton, this is an excellent article on the spirit of Absalom. Every church will encounter this ‘master’ spirit at different times over the life of that church. It is also important that individual Christians recognize if they themselves are being baited to be a tool of, or a supporter of the Absalom spirit.
The Holy Spirit be honored for the insight and practical application of this information in ministry and corporate life. May our heavenly Father fully and continually have his way in your life.
MIRACLULOS CURES OF HIV/AIDS
My name is James; I have been suffering for (HIV/AIDS) for about 11 years. In February 2016; I fell ill, my condition became worse, that I slumped and was coma for weeks in a hospital, in an Intensive Care Unit (ICU). The specialist through God finally revived me and brought me back to life; but I was just alive because there was no improvement or any sign of gaining energy and strength. The Doctor had no option than to inform my family to take me out of the hospital to go and count my days till I say bye to this earth, because there was nothing they could do to save me. The Doctor said I have few days to live, I was given a date in March 2016 to die, technically few days away from that date I supposedly discharged. I never thought I will live to see October this year 2016.
While I was home in a helpless condition waiting for death, I stumble on a story on the internet, about young lady from South Africa, who was cured of HIV/AIDS, by Dr. Bernard Uwezele, then quickly; I contacted the man, via email and whatsApp, through the help the young South African woman…
The Doctor had a free chat consultation with me on phone. After the chat, he said he was going to post me the (THM) Total Herbal Mixture, which he did, I followed the instructions religiously as instructed low and behold am totally cured today and free of HIV. Since then I have been to 6 different hospitals after using the medication, for a confirmatory check, all test came out Negative.
If you are there, suffering from this condition, don’t give up on life, do not commit suicide, there is hope for you. You may have contacted many others but have you try Dr. Uwezele? Quickly Contact Dr Uwezele for help today by Email: [email protected] or send a WhatsApp message to….. +228-92-86-43-39.
I am giving out this information for you, so that you can get the help I got. I’m not ashamed to share my story; Dr. Uwezele also takes care of other diseases like Cancer, Diabetes, Stroke and Impotency , erectile dysfunction, Infertility and Herpes etc. If you need help in your condition, quickly contact Dr. Uwezele today for help…
so unusual book! My dream is second part of its maybe author would write it someday.