TONIGHT at 8pm EST (that’s in only 30 minutes!) we’ll be LIVE ON THE AIR discussing the call for Revelation Driven Revival Centers.
The idea? We must hear God clearly, continually if we are to respond appropriately. We have to know what’s on God’s heart, what his plans are and how we are to facilitate those plans.
We can’t be effective in ministry and in life without the voice of God permeating us every day. What would happen if we had a network of Revelation Driven churches, ministries and houses of prayer that heard God clearly and reported everything back to a Revival Command Center?
My heart is to see this come to pass.
Let’s talk about it TONIGHT!
To listen to the show, visit www.detroitrevivalchurch.com/radio.
To listen using your phone and/or to participate in the live show call (646) 478-4408.
Having each faced personal loss, a group of strangers gathers at a cemetery for support. The bestowment of several miraculous gifts brings resolution, and a mysterious inscription holds the ultimate key to healing.
Amy’s newest book, The Inscription, is AVAILABLE TO ORDER!
Visit www.theinscription.com for more info.
This is Amy’s first work of fiction, and it’s sure to impact you powerfully.
From the book:
I smiled as the breathless beauty of my surroundings pierced my heart and, for just a second, pushed aside some of the heaviness. I sighed as the temporary reprieve ended and once again, my soul floundered against an onslaught of hopelessness.
After careful maneuvering, I finally reached my destination. I turned off the van’s engine and gingerly plucked a colorful package from the passenger’s seat. I sat silently, fingering the velvety ribbon that encircled the wrapped box. A tear slipped down my cheek, then another; before long, I was weeping.
"Amy writes a beautiful story of grief and, more importantly,
of the hope found through sharing the journey."
Kerry Mand, Former President of Pikes Peak Share
“The Inscription is a heartfelt and poignant story about the unbreakable bonds of friendship formed during times of sorrow.
A must read for any grieving soul!”
Angie Winton, Group Facilitator of Detroit Metro Share
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
AMY BURTON and her husband, John, are accomplished authors and public speakers. Amy serves as an instructor at a pregnancy center in Detroit. She and John founded Revolution House of Prayer in 2001 and currently lead Revival Church. They live in Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan with their three boys.
ORDER TODAY at www.theinscription.com.
Here’s a short Christmas greeting video for you from us in Detroit. http://www.tokbox.com/vm/qjz2ea86onh1
TokBox – Free Video Chat and Video Messaging
Remember the Revival Church Christmas Eve service is TONIGHT at 7pm.
We can’t wait to see you there!
Many blessings to you all!
Are we ready for an Acts 2 style outpouring of the Holy Spirit in our churches?
There’s an ongoing discussion on my Facebook wall about this issue. I felt it would be good to broaden the discussion and see what some of you might bring to the table.
I’ll paste some of the comments first, and then present my thoughts:
Original post- Have you noticed how focus on the Holy Spirit, speaking tongues, ,etc. has been minimized in the church today?
- Yep, noticed it! The enemy doesn't want us uttering the mysteries of God!
- Yes sir. It's easier to have a "seeker" driven service, than to Preach a Prophetic message under the Power of the Holy Spirit. That takes time in the prayer closet-the former can happen with a slick marketing team (sometimes hired as the "pastoral" staff).
- There definitely has been a move away from experiencing the Holy Spirit. On the other hand, the use of tongues in the 80 got so beyond what scripture says. It was pretty abused.
- That may be true, but we are entering a Decade where there will be a parting of the waters. Those who have been trained AND utilize the weapons of the Spirit will thrive; others will suffer much pain.
- I just heard a George Barna stat about this recently less than 2% of the churches will hear their pastor preach a message on the Holy Spirit this year. Its alarming.
- A couple of years ago I heard leaders from a main line denomination speak at a Rocky Mountain regional meeting for that denomination. The leaders saw that the denomination that they led was becoming Spirit Filled in name only. They felt the need to see 500,000 people receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. Yet the churches in this region still take the approach of the Holy Spirit isn't for Sunday morning approach. Its scary.
- Interesting, the Holy Spirit in benched on Sundays…until we need a big play, then he get's play time like Michael Vick…what a sad way to treat my Best Friend.
- The Holy Spirit misses His church. He's going to get it back though.
- Many pastors have been reduced to a role as MC and the show must go on, on schedule, or peeps won't come back.
- Absolutely.. If people knew the incredible power that is released in you when you pray in the Spirit, they would never stop lol. I encourage it in those I teach. God bless.
There are some realities that we need to consider:
- From what I've discovered, a significant percentage of Christians, pastors and leaders included, don't easily hear God, encounter him. This makes it difficult to even consider embracing a Holy Spirit driven environment. Prayerlessness is a key reason for this problem. The average pastor prays 6 minutes a day. Leonard Ravenhill said, "Pastors who don't pray two hours a day aren't worth a dime a dozen." It's a difficult but important point that would be well worth considering.
- In an environment driven by the Holy Spirit, these people who don't easily hear God can get quite frustrated. They will tend to find another place to go to church. So, the natural church preservation strategy is to minimize the invisible/supernatural and maximize the logical/tangible.
- There has been a huge misunderstanding of the primary purpose of the church. Many feel it's to be a socially focused entry point for the lost. The church actually isn't to be a house of evangelism or a house of relationships. It's a house of prayer first and foremost. It's a believer's ministry. We have lost faith that God, in his wisdom, set it up this way. If we truly have a church of people who are releasing the ‘groans that can't be uttered', who intercede for the nations, who pray in the Spirit, then we will have the ‘expected outcomes' of mass salvations, a huge harvest, life-giving small groups, etc.
- There can be a knee-jerk reaction to the problem of people who abuse freedom in such an atmosphere. Trust me, I understand the issue of people who just want to be seen and heard, who are manipulative, who are emotionally unstable or who operate in charismatic witchcraft. But, the answer is not to shut down a prophetic, Holy Spirit driven environment.
- The focus on teaching. I'm a teacher, I love to teach and I value greatly the ministry of teaching. However, I think a valid question is, "Why are most church services teaching-centric?" If the Holy Spirit breaks out, if there's deliverance going on in the room, of a spirit of intercession erupts, would people be OK with forgoing the sermon? The Holy Spirit (the Teacher) can impart more biblical truth in two seconds than we ever could in two hours.
What do you think?
As you know, our ministry is supported financially in a variety of ways, and our very favorite way is through our home business!
You can support our ministry very easily by connecting with our business team- either as a business builder OR as a shopper of phenomenal eco-friendly products (NO new money required- use the same money you already spend at the grocery store! This company is really brilliant!)
We have been home business owners since late April, and we’re having a blast watching it develop. Our last check was nearly $900 and we average around 5 hours a week of work (if you can call it work!)
We have an organization of over 100 people, and a large number of them are ministers and ministry-minded people.
We would strongly encourage you to join our team- there is no financial risk whatsoever! And, for the next three days, the enrollment is only $1! (Yep, one dollar!)
We pray that our reputation speaks for itself- we would never participate in anything that would jeopardize our ministry or lack integrity. Over 500,000 people are involved and the company is in the Better Business Bureau Hall of Fame.
**Can we request an hour of your time? We’d love to connect on the phone while we step through the info online. No risk, no pressure, no stress, lots of fun!
If nothing else it would be great to actually talk in person with the many friends of our ministry!
Visit www.hometeamcareers.com, fill out the form on the site, or email me directly at [email protected]. You can call me at 313.799.3473 or Amy at 719.200.0049.
Blessings to you all!
What a question!
I can hear people responding, “Uh, hello! He’s God. He can have everything He wants!”
Well, I know that God deeply craves a very real, reportable, experiential relationship with you and with me. Does He have that? Continually?
I’m confident Jesus yearns for us, via the enabling of the Holy Spirit, to actually love each other, to tend to one another, to really ‘do life’ together. (John 17:20-23)
We know the Bible tells us that God desires that no one perish (die without an intimate relationship with Him), but that we would all have abundant life. Do we all have this seemingly fleeting abundant life? No. Do some live and die without knowing God? Sadly, yes.
There are many passionate, fiery people in Michigan that I’ve been connecting with that are hungering more than ever for an outpouring from Heaven. We are contending for God’s dreams to come true—for very powerful joy, peace, strength and life to flood the people of this region.
I don’t know about you, but yesterday’s religious activities, formulas and hoops to be jumped through just won’t cut it anymore. We must experience God! He is not to be distant, confusing or more like a fable than a friend. He is real and he is alive!
He likes you and me! He loves it when there is legitimate connection. This is the way to live! It’s one thing to know about God. It’s an entirely different thing to know God! To be transformed by Him! This is what it’s all about!
Imagine a people who continually encounter the Lover of their souls. That’s a primary, all consuming desire of God. He loves us so deeply and wants to us to know Him so exhaustively.
What a Christmas that would be for our wonderful Savior.
I say, let’s do it. Let’s give God a Christmas to remember.
(This is an article I wrote for the Grosse Pointe News)
“This has the makings of an outpouring.” During an unusual and weighty flow of worship last night at Revival Church, Jeff Garvin walked over to me and said that. The feel of a legitimate outpouring was flooding the church.
Words cannot describe the new sound and the supernatural Force that was engulfing the church last night. God was moving—and it wasn’t until midnight, five hours later, that we finally made it out of the building.
I’d encourage you to arrive early TONIGHT, at 5pm, for a powerful release of prophetic declaration at the pre-service prayer meeting. Then, we’ll move into a third and final night of ministry with Jeff Garvin at 6pm.
Forward this to everybody in the Detroit region that you can. Encourage pastors, leaders, intercessors, the lost, the hungry and every other person you can to be in the building TONIGHT!
Come very expectant… Revival Church is a ‘whatever’ church, and this is a ‘whatever’ season. God has full liberty to move us, heal us, deliver us and impart into us at any point of the service. Whatever he wants.
Get ready for the surprise of your life!
Meeting in the First United Methodist Church building at 24036 Greater Mack, St. Clair Shores, MI 48080
First, DON’T MISS Jeff Garvin TONIGHT and TOMORROW at Revival Church!
Last night was OFF THE HOOK. Jeff ministered in power at IHOPE… it was standing room only and we were there until after 11pm trembling in the presence of God!
Visit www.detroitrevivalchurch.com for directions. It all starts at 7pm tonight and 6pm tomorrow. PRAYER (hard core, Spirit-fueled prayer!) starts one hour early each night– everybody invited!
Second, we are developing a prophecy news and analysis community. You can get a sneak peek at www.propheticpulse.com. Let us know what you think of the design.
THE MIRACLE OF BIRTH
Wednesday night at Revival Church during a prayer meeting the prevailing theme was ‘birthing’. We have moved into the very late stages of the pregnancy, and the birth is coming- and fast.
Then, this word arrived:
"Shall I who gives delivery shut the womb?" says your God. Enter IN to the birthing process, and bring a full delivery, the full manifestation of His purpose NOW.
The above picture is me delivering Jet.
Here’s the story:
We had lost four babies in a row to miscarriage and were pregnant again. We started to receive some semi-generic words about the baby and revival. Then the words started to get a bit more specific. The last word was something like, “John, when you are in the delivery room something is going to happen that will be symbolic of how God will use you in revival.”
So, the day came, and the last thing I was thinking about was prophecy! The baby was almost here when the doctor, who had delivered the four losses, looked at me and asked, “John, do you want to deliver the baby?”
I had probably 30 seconds before the baby was to arrive. I didn’t have gloves on. I was just dressed in jeans and didn’t even have time to wash my hands. I moved into position as the doctor moved to the side. He gave me a 20 second lesson on how to deliver a baby. How to pull the head, how to catch the baby, to prepare for it to be very slippery, etc.
So, in the next seconds it happened just as the doctor said. It was spectacular. The nurse said that was only the 2nd time in her 15 years at the hospital that she saw a doctor let the father deliver the baby.
Afterwards God got my attention. He said, “John, revival is coming, and, just as your miracle baby was delivered into your hands, revival will be delivered into your hands. It’s precious. You will be trained by the Holy Spirit in the moments just prior to its arrival. You won’t be ready, but I’ll make you ready. It will be messy and slippery. Meaning, don’t try to grab it too hard. Keep your hands open and carefully hold on to it.
Well, then a few years later something else happened. I was at an amazing service at IHOP where God was breaking out. Someone, who had been on the platform throughout the service, came down to me during the ministry time. I had never seen him before. He said, “I was watching you from the platform, and, though I’d never seen you before, you were in a dream I had recently. I saw caravans of revival moving out into the cities of the earth, and then back again. I saw you in the midst of that.”
I thanked him, and then about 15 minutes later, someone else whom I had never met came over to me. He had just been at Lakeland. He asked if he could prophesy over me, and he proceeded to do so for about 30 minutes. The heart of his message was, “I see the fire of revival in your hands, and you are carrying it to the cities of the earth, and then returning home again. Then heading back out.”
Revival is coming. We MUST be in position!
This email was sent to me today:
As I was driving home tonight I began praying in the Spirit and had some mild groanings but then my body began to bear down and start pushing like I would in labor.
The Lord reminded me of my first few births where I got very nervous about pushing and sort of "freaked out" and would ask my doctor/midwife to coach me along because I didn't feel I knew how to do it without them. The last midwife I had, I told her how I wanted her help and didn't like the pushing process very much but she forgot I had asked that and left me to listen to my body to know what to do.
So the Lord said to me, do not rely on man when it's time to push. He said do not "freak out" my Spirit will lead you, my Spirit will lead you, my Spirit will lead. My Spirit WILL NOT fail you, it will not fail you, it will not fail you! My Spirit is one with the Father and we are to keep FOCUSED, we are to persevere and not grow weary. As we remain connected to his Spirit, the Spirit will bring forth the delivery at the right time.
My doctor intervened in the birthing process to try and bring the baby forth quicker but my midwife showed me how to use the PAIN for my benefit in bringing forth the baby without intervention. His Spirit wants to show us this. He wants to use all the moanings, all the groanings, all the shouts, all the declarations, all the prayers, all the tears, all the laughter for his purposes in bringing forth a FULL delivery. None of this is in vain but all part of the birthing process.
The Lord said in the birthing process we MUST drink of his Spirit. We must remain full of HIM.
So our eyes are completely FIXED on Him because He's our teacher and we're to be CONSUMED with Him, because He's the source.
There’s more, but for now that should be enough to move us into position. We must be alert… God is coming in power!
First, a new audio teaching has been uploaded- it was quite a powerful night at Revival Church this past Sunday. At one point people were groaning and crying out, “Jesus!” The anointing was heavy, deliverance was happening suddenly in the middle of the teaching. Head over to www.praytherevolution.com/teaching. It’s titled Six Enemies of Fulfilled Destiny Part 3.
I BELIEVE you very well may experience spontaneous personal deliverance, suddenly, as you listen to this message. I think it's funny when I get engulfed by the Holy Spirit when I listen to my own recorded teachings- and this happened as I was listening as I was lying in bed late Monday night.
It’s almost time! Jeff Garvin will be with us for THREE NIGHTS beginning tomorrow, Friday, December 4th!
Invite everybody you know who needs a powerful breakthrough into the presence of God. Jeff operates in a very strong anointing of prophecy and healing.
Jeff will be at:
- IHOPE (www.ihopedetroit.org) on FRIDAY, DECEMBER 4TH at 7PM (come early to get a seat!)
- REVIVAL CHURCH (www.detroitrevivalchurch.com) on SATURDAY, DECEMBER 5TH at 7PM
- REVIVAL CHURCH on SUNDAY, DECEMBER 6TH at 6PM