theLab House of Prayer is moving to a TV studio tonight at 7pm!
You are invited to sit in the studio audience for a taping of Celebrate Live on TCT Christian Television TONIGHT at 7pm! This will take the place of our regular Thursday night prayer set.
I’ll be interviewed about theLab University and revival in Detroit and will also be preaching “Carry Like Mary.”
This will be aired around the world in the coming days!
You MUST arrive by 7pm, which is one hour before air time.
TCT Of Michigan WDWO TV 18
21174 W McNichols Rd
Detroit, MI 48219-3929
REVIVAL CHURCH AND THELAB UNIVERSITY MISSION BASE
If you are on our database, you should be receiving a postcard inviting you to participate in the building of the house of prayer!
You can take a look at the needs now here: www.explorerevival.com/specialgift
Your financial support is very important—would you please pray about how you can join with us in this critical and exciting season?
Here’s what the postcards look like…be expecting them by early next week!
Our Current Situation in Detroit
Amy and I and the Burton family would be honored if you would read through this and contact us this week. God is really doing some amazing things around here!
Last May we made a seemingly crazy decision to move against the massive flow of people out of Detroit, and to move here to help prepare the region for revival.
Since then we’ve developed some amazing and important relationships, started Revival Church, ministered in churches and raised up a solid team of revivalists.
The reason for the mass exodus out of the Detroit area is the tragic level of unemployment. I’ve heard it said that there’s ONE JOB for every 90 people looking for a job!
We knew we were taking a huge faith step, and with little guaranteed monthly finances we’d have to live on the miraculous giving of our friends and partners.
Those of you that know me understand very well that I embrace a lifestyle of thankfulness, joy and faith. The following situation is not a complaint or an expression of frustration, but a simple and very real analysis of our current situation.
- Since I had to start working outside the church, my actual time involved in ministry has been reduced to near zero (the goal is to be invested 40-60 hours a week, and I’m currently ministering less than 5)
- Church plant coaches say that a key and initial goal is to raise enough money so the planter doesn’t have to divide his time and energy by working outside of the church. (The time necessary to be involved in prayer, study, pastoring, networking, developing, creating teams, marketing, etc. is quite extreme… it’s way more than a full time job in itself.)
- Due to the high time requirements and demands of church and ministry leadership, Steve Gray of World Revival Church in Kansas City recently said, “…every pastor, if they are working a job outside the church,their goal should be, as fast as possible,to get rid of that job."
- My energy and focus has been divided significantly due to the need to get a job (again, thankful, but wisdom demands an evaluation of this)
- I currently work until around 6pm every day, and then work for my own design business most evenings from 6pm to bedtime and also on Saturdays.
- I’ve been preparing my sermon for Sunday’s Revival Church service the hour before I leave for service every Sunday, which just can’t continue.
- The preparation of revival requires a massive time commitment, and I don’t want my part of the mission to remain on hold for much longer. The work to be done is huge, and I must give myself to it fully.
We are boldly asking for you to financially partner with our ministry. We need to raise at least $3000 a month to replace my job, and another $1000 or so to replace my design business.
You can give via credit card at www.johnburtonministries.com/donate. If you setup recurring monthly donations, that would be a huge blessing. If you’d prefer to make a special donation, that would bless us as well!
THANK YOU SO MUCH. We’d love to hear from you and share more about this huge mission in Detroit!
We love you!
John, Amy, Skylar, Parker, Jet and Ella
It may not seem like it would amount to much, but trust us, our ability to minister is deeply impacted when people shop for phenomenal, world-renowned, organic and chemical-free products through our business. Would you switch stores and enroll for $1? It would bless us so much!!!
You don’t have to work at all… just shop for amazing home products (well over 300 of them!)… and it’s budget safe! No need to look for extra money each month to get involved!
Would you allow us to show you the info? No stress, no pressure. It’ll be fun!!
Here are some quick points:
- Through March, enrollment is only $1
- You don’t need to come up with extra money (really!)… you simply ‘switch stores’ and use the money you already use at the grocery store
- The potential savings is significant
- This business is in the BBB Hall of Fame
- The CEO was an entrepreneur of the year in 2009
- They have been around for 24 years
- There is literally no risk
- If you want to also build a business (like we are), we haven’t found a more powerful opportunity or a company with a higher level of integrity
I’m confident in saying that our reputation precedes us, and that it’s well known that we would never be involved in anything that lacked the highest level of integrity. We love this company!!
If you can shop online, you’ll love this!!!!!
Again, your simple choice to shop for better products will go a long ways toward partnering with our ministry. It really does make a huge impact!
John and Amy Burton
As you know, our ministry is supported financially in a variety of ways, and our very favorite way is through our home business!
You can support our ministry very easily by connecting with our business team- either as a business builder OR as a shopper of phenomenal eco-friendly products (NO new money required- use the same money you already spend at the grocery store! This company is really brilliant!)
We have been home business owners since late April, and we’re having a blast watching it develop. Our last check was nearly $900 and we average around 5 hours a week of work (if you can call it work!)
We have an organization of over 100 people, and a large number of them are ministers and ministry-minded people.
We would strongly encourage you to join our team- there is no financial risk whatsoever! And, for the next three days, the enrollment is only $1! (Yep, one dollar!)
We pray that our reputation speaks for itself- we would never participate in anything that would jeopardize our ministry or lack integrity. Over 500,000 people are involved and the company is in the Better Business Bureau Hall of Fame.
**Can we request an hour of your time? We’d love to connect on the phone while we step through the info online. No risk, no pressure, no stress, lots of fun!
If nothing else it would be great to actually talk in person with the many friends of our ministry!
Visit www.hometeamcareers.com, fill out the form on the site, or email me directly at [email protected]. You can call me at 313.799.3473 or Amy at 719.200.0049.
Blessings to you all!