I will never tone down the activity of the Holy Spirit out of respect of those less hungry.
That’s my promise to Revival Church.
I share about the surprising and historic move of God at Revival Church last night. Undone doesn’t even begin to describe what I’m experiencing.
After a shift at theLab on Friday and Saturday, I released a sharp prophetic message of revival last night that resulted in groans and cries of travail as the people flooded to the altars.
Some comments about this weekend:
“I am sobered by the depth of God's Presence I was engulfed in last night. Selah.”
"Last night, an intense spirit of repentance fell like nothing I've ever experienced before. All I can say is, wake up people of God. Wake up, wake up, wake up!"
“There is so much freedom… so much burden that was lifted off of me that I can not explain it. God is just speaking so clearly now. I believe that everyone that was there tonight will carry that awakening every way they go. Shaking people, shaking their surroundings into an unexpected awakening. This was only one night, like you said, its only the beginning.”
“YESSS LORD! I've been manifesting since…”
“Friday night, i literally felt something snap (i could feel the shift in the spirit). Inside of me things have been very very different. It is almost like i am a completely different person. Personally i am experiencing a shaking i have never felt before and it has not stopped!!”
QUENCHING THE WRONG FIRE
Is the church quenching the fiery darts of the enemy or is it quenching the Holy Spirit?
With all of the darts that are hitting the church in the form of depression, fear, bitterness, unforgiveness, apathy and on and on, you have to know that the wrong fire is being quenched all too often.
Watch the video. Send it to everyone you know. It’s time to gather the church! The time is now for 1000 people to travel with us each Friday night from church to church as we pray in fire!
Here’s my notes from a historic night last night at Revival Church:
I. Come Holy Spirit!
a. I want to make it clear: The Holy Spirit is welcome at Revival Church.
i. He has no restrictions, no boundaries, no limits. His tangible, raging fire must engulf us!
ii. We are going to gain to understand what a MOVE OF GOD is. When God arrives we won’t be able to stop weeping and trembling under his weight!
iii. People will flood these altars! Repentance will spread through the city! Tears will pour through the streets!
iv. The God of the Bible is tragically foreign to the modern church.
v. As long as we are content to live without revival, we will – Leonard Ravenhill
vi. My God! We are content with nice meetings and life as usual!
vii. Evan Roberts "Congregate the people who are willing to make a total surrender. Pray and wait. Believe God’s promises. Hold daily meetings.”
1. It’s time! Brian Simmons just wrote me and said he sees extended meetings breaking out at Revival Church!!!!!
2. There is a fire that is to consume the church.
3. There is an Elijah level firestorm that has evaded the modern church.
b. 1 Thessalonians 5:19 (ESV) 19 Do not quench the Spirit.
i. The church of America has been quenching the wrong spirit!
ii. We are quenching the wrong fire! The fire of the Holy Spirit was meant to rage!
iii. Ephesians 6:16 (NKJV) 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.
iv. We are to quench the fire of the enemy but we’ve chosen instead to quench the fire of the Holy Spirit!
v. Why is the enemy continually assaulting the church? Why is the church depressed, divorcing, sick, bitter?
1. The fire of the enemy is hitting us because the fire of God is not!
2. How do we deal with the fiery darts of the enemy? The same way we experience the fire of God—FAITH!
3. It’s an issue of belief vs. unbelief!
4. OHHH! We must fix the problem of an encounterless, doubt driven religious experience!
5. Biblically signs, wonders and miracles are normal! They are to happen everywhere all the time! What has happened??!
c. Mark 16:17-18 (NIV) 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."
1. Today signs, wonders, miracles and healings are special and rare, and we are OK with that!
2. Do we not see that the Bible tells us an evidence of belief is that it’s not rare at all! It’s common! The church is supposed to be such a shock to the culture of the world, a strange company of burning believers!
3. Evan in Wales in 1904: “My mission is first to the churches. When the churches are aroused to their duty, men of the world will be swept into the Kingdom. A whole church on its knees is irresistible.”
4. Show Brownsville video (dropbox)
5. 1 Peter 2:9 (KJV) 9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
d. 1 Kings 18:20-24 (ESV) 20 So Ahab sent to all the people of Israel and gathered the prophets together at Mount Carmel. 21 And Elijah came near to all the people and said, “How long will you go limping between two different opinions? If the LORD is God, follow him; but if Baal, then follow him.” And the people did not answer him a word. 22 Then Elijah said to the people, “I, even I only, am left a prophet of the LORD, but Baal’s prophets are 450 men. 23 Let two bulls be given to us, and let them choose one bull for themselves and cut it in pieces and lay it on the wood, but put no fire to it. And I will prepare the other bull and lay it on the wood and put no fire to it. 24 And you call upon the name of your god, and I will call upon the name of the LORD, and the God who answers by fire, he is God.” And all the people answered, “It is well spoken.”
1. The God who answers by fire, he is God!
2. It’s a strong prophetic messenger that will bring an end to this!
3. Declare the word of the Lord! Call down the fire!
e. 2 Kings 1:9-14 (ESV) 9 Then the king sent to him a captain of fifty men with his fifty. He went up to Elijah, who was sitting on the top of a hill, and said to him, “O man of God, the king says, ‘Come down.’ ” 10 But Elijah answered the captain of fifty, “If I am a man of God, let fire come down from heaven and consume you and your fifty.” Then fire came down from heaven and consumed him and his fifty. 11 Again the king sent to him another captain of fifty men with his fifty. And he answered and said to him, “O man of God, this is the king’s order, ‘Come down quickly!’ ” 12 But Elijah answered them, “If I am a man of God, let fire come down from heaven and consume you and your fifty.” Then the fire of God came down from heaven and consumed him and his fifty. 13 Again the king sent the captain of a third fifty with his fifty. And the third captain of fifty went up and came and fell on his knees before Elijah and entreated him, “O man of God, please let my life, and the life of these fifty servants of yours, be precious in your sight. 14 Behold, fire came down from heaven and consumed the two former captains of fifty men with their fifties, but now let my life be precious in your sight.”
1. We must become experts in fire!
2. The moment we do, people will flood to these altars from every bar, movie theater, mall, school… they will suddenly show up trembling, crying, wrenching in grief, desperate for God as the fire consumes them!
3. There is a message that must start to blow through the church! The religious, inward focused, lazy, sleeping, resistant church is blocking the fire of God that the world is waiting for! Get out of the way! God is coming! Repent! Turn!
f. Joel 2:15-17 (NKJV) 15 Blow the trumpet in Zion, Consecrate a fast, Call a sacred assembly; 16 Gather the people, Sanctify the congregation, Assemble the elders, Gather the children and nursing babes; Let the bridegroom go out from his chamber, And the bride from her dressing room. 17 Let the priests, who minister to the LORD, Weep between the porch and the altar; Let them say, "Spare Your people, O LORD, And do not give Your heritage to reproach, That the nations should rule over them. Why should they say among the peoples, ‘Where is their God?' "
1. I’m blowing the trumpet! I’m calling 1000 people to gather on Friday nights! We’re declaring an inconvenient devotion to fire in Detroit! Where are those who are talking about revival? Where are the pastors? Where are the revivalists? Wake up!
2. We were born for this! We weren’t born to simply survive, simply raise a family, simply find a job. We were created for something greater! To burn! To groan! To be fully revived! Now!
3. We were created to return the enemy’s fiery darts with a night and day onslaught of fiery missiles of fierce holy violence!
g. Romans 13:11-12 (NKJV) 11 And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. 12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.
1. It’s time! Put on armor you warriors!
2. William Booth “We must wake ourselves up! Or somebody else will take our place, and bear our cross, and thereby rob us of our crown.”
3. Revelation 3:15-19 (NKJV) 15 I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. 17 Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing'–and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked– 18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent.
h. Romans 13:13-14 (NKJV) 13 Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy. 14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.
1. People are wrecked by a spirit of strife, mad at other people, derailed because of their disappointment in others, in friends, in bosses, in pastors, in churches. STOP IT AND REPENT! Turn! Burn! Rise up! Put on the LORD Jesus Christ!
2. Detroit is going to Hell while the church argues over who’s most important, who has the best vision, how we’re disappointed, upset, rejected. STOP IT! Jesus didn’t expect people to put him on their throne, he allowed their rejection to put him on a bloody cross so he could set them free! My God! Stop looking for the thrones of man! Take on the cross of rejection!
3. It’s the only way the fiery darts of the enemy can be turned on him!
4. It’s time to stop quenching the fire of the Holy Spirit! It’s time to believe, to sign up for a ridiculous level of commitment to revival, to burn night and day and quench not only the darts of the enemy on our lives, but the fiery darts that have been raining down on Detroit for decades. Revival is coming to Detroit, church!!!!!!!!!!
Revival is a serious threat to the prevailing church structure as it will put at risk every comfort zone we know.
The reformation that revival will facilitate will cause quite a resistance even from many of the most devoted Believers due to some significant threats to their comfort zones.
It’s important to understand that it’s a religious spirit that is the force behind anything that might resist a costly revival.
Religion is: man’s attempt to use God to get what he wants
Jesus threatened the church of the day—so the church killed him. They got what they wanted.
Today, it’s normal for many to attempt to use God or to use the church to get what they want. They want life to be comfortable and convenient. They want the church experience to be a certain way. They might shop around until they find the spiritual experience that meets their desires and demands. If people aren’t careful, they can unwittingly embrace a spirit of religion while minimizing the cost, the cross and the mandate to surrender all for the sake of Kingdom advance.
As revival approaches, here are some of the issues we will have to wrestle through:
- All traditions are at risk: Traditions have the power to void the Word of God (Mat 15)! It’s no wonder God is so intent on resolving this issue. The coming reformation will impact many traditions that have become signatures of church as we know it. It’s imperative that we don’t resist the change that will affect the days and times we gather together, the style of worship we’ve become familiar with, programs, etc. The coming church will look nothing like the church we know today. Kim Clement said recently, “The church as we know it is being abolished.”
- Pastors will have to face the risk of losing people, money and their reputations: The pressure for church growth, and the temptation to compete with other pastors and churches for the best ministry, is pretty extreme. Additionally, drastic change to the familiar church experience will be a serious threat to pastor’s salaries and retirements. The fear of loss will hit many. If people who are unwilling to buy into such a drastic change and such a zealous experience decide to leave the church, their money leaves with them. Further, if people leave the church, accusations of pastoral failure will start to fly. Reputations will be lost. The question is, is a move of God more important than security and position?
- Local church missions will have to adjust: When revival lands, it will probably land in a single location. That location most likely won’t be our specific church. This means that local church leaders will have to have open hands and and be quick to release the people in their church to participate at a high level in the revival. The pastors will need to lead the people out as they join forces with the greater city church. When I went to the outpouring in Lakeland, Florida I was saddened that no church marquee gave any indication that they were cancelling some services so they could participate in the revival. Not one. I wonder if the threat of that revival caused them to lock everybody down and keep them far from that tent where the fire of God chose to manifest.
- Investment will increase radically: The time, money and focus required to steward a revival is off the charts. Cares of life must finally be dealt with and preparations to spend day after day and dollar after dollar must be made. Lesser priorities will have to take a back seat to the coming ‘all hands on deck’ season.
- Acts 2:46 (NKJV) 46 So continuing daily with one accord in the temple…
- We will have to release control: The Holy Spirit is going to manifest in such bizarre and extreme measure that those who are nervous about such environments will be tempted to shut it down.
- Acts 2:12-13 (NKJV) 12 So they were all amazed and perplexed, saying to one another, “Whatever could this mean?” 13 Others mocking said, “They are full of new wine.”
- Most people don’t like change, and that is a problem: Leaders tend to shy away from alienating the people they are leading, but a crisis is coming. The change that’s coming to the church will cause most to vehemently resist. Will we as leaders respond to God or man? Peter, interested in man ahead of God, unwittingly renounced the great change and cost of the cross, and Jesus gave him one of the strongest rebukes in scripture. Peter was embracing religion, the desire to use God and eliminate the cross. This religious disposition is a serious risk to revival.
- Mark 8:31-33 (ESV) 31 And he began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders and the chief priests and the scribes and be killed, and after three days rise again. 32 And he said this plainly. And Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. 33 But turning and seeing his disciples, he rebuked Peter and said, “Get behind me, Satan! For you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man.”
- Sharp yet love filled prophetic messages must be preached: In Acts 2 direct and prophetic teaching was a direct result of the outpouring. The days of sloppy grace and tickled ears must come to an end.
- Acts 2:36-37 (NKJV) 36 “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.” 37 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”
The systems that we have developed are about to be destroyed as God paves the way for the coming church. The revival that’s nearly hear will be both great and terrible. It won’t be a series of nice meetings, but rather it will break a lot so that the love and abundant life of Jesus can be felt in much fuller measure.
Are you one who has be contending for revival in Detroit? The fire is falling!
People are flying in and driving in from great distances for the Detroit Outpouring!
Tonight was burning. People were trembling, weeping and breaking into freedom. There was extreme ministry and powerful manifestations going on in the foyer!
Brian Simmons posted to Facebook:
Revival fire just fell in Dtroit! Everyone screaming – “I will not turn back!” Strongholds we look you in the face and say “you're coming down!” Fire, tears, shaking, laughter, holy glory!! Kids laid out on the floor shaking and crying! Can't hardly get out the door!
As I shared in my previous post, I’m so deeply grieved that so many precious precious people are simply missing this event! This is historic…a time for the whole church of Detroit to be together in one place!
SUNDAY NIGHT HAS THE POTENTIAL OF EXPLODING
Leonard Jones, a world renowned worship leader with MorningStar Ministries will be with us along with revival worship leader Aaron Crider. Then, Brian Simmons will leading us into the third night of the outpouring!
It’s taking place at Revival Church at 24036 Greater Mack Road, St. Clair Shores, MI 48080. Fiery intercession starts at 5pm and the service starts at 6pm!