I will never tone down the activity of the Holy Spirit out of respect of those less hungry.
That’s my promise to Revival Church.
I share about the surprising and historic move of God at Revival Church last night. Undone doesn’t even begin to describe what I’m experiencing.
After a shift at theLab on Friday and Saturday, I released a sharp prophetic message of revival last night that resulted in groans and cries of travail as the people flooded to the altars.
Some comments about this weekend:
“I am sobered by the depth of God's Presence I was engulfed in last night. Selah.”
"Last night, an intense spirit of repentance fell like nothing I've ever experienced before. All I can say is, wake up people of God. Wake up, wake up, wake up!"
“There is so much freedom… so much burden that was lifted off of me that I can not explain it. God is just speaking so clearly now. I believe that everyone that was there tonight will carry that awakening every way they go. Shaking people, shaking their surroundings into an unexpected awakening. This was only one night, like you said, its only the beginning.”
“YESSS LORD! I've been manifesting since…”
“Friday night, i literally felt something snap (i could feel the shift in the spirit). Inside of me things have been very very different. It is almost like i am a completely different person. Personally i am experiencing a shaking i have never felt before and it has not stopped!!”
QUENCHING THE WRONG FIRE
Is the church quenching the fiery darts of the enemy or is it quenching the Holy Spirit?
With all of the darts that are hitting the church in the form of depression, fear, bitterness, unforgiveness, apathy and on and on, you have to know that the wrong fire is being quenched all too often.
Watch the video. Send it to everyone you know. It’s time to gather the church! The time is now for 1000 people to travel with us each Friday night from church to church as we pray in fire!
Here’s my notes from a historic night last night at Revival Church:
I. Come Holy Spirit!
a. I want to make it clear: The Holy Spirit is welcome at Revival Church.
i. He has no restrictions, no boundaries, no limits. His tangible, raging fire must engulf us!
ii. We are going to gain to understand what a MOVE OF GOD is. When God arrives we won’t be able to stop weeping and trembling under his weight!
iii. People will flood these altars! Repentance will spread through the city! Tears will pour through the streets!
iv. The God of the Bible is tragically foreign to the modern church.
v. As long as we are content to live without revival, we will – Leonard Ravenhill
vi. My God! We are content with nice meetings and life as usual!
vii. Evan Roberts "Congregate the people who are willing to make a total surrender. Pray and wait. Believe God’s promises. Hold daily meetings.”
1. It’s time! Brian Simmons just wrote me and said he sees extended meetings breaking out at Revival Church!!!!!
2. There is a fire that is to consume the church.
3. There is an Elijah level firestorm that has evaded the modern church.
b. 1 Thessalonians 5:19 (ESV) 19 Do not quench the Spirit.
i. The church of America has been quenching the wrong spirit!
ii. We are quenching the wrong fire! The fire of the Holy Spirit was meant to rage!
iii. Ephesians 6:16 (NKJV) 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.
iv. We are to quench the fire of the enemy but we’ve chosen instead to quench the fire of the Holy Spirit!
v. Why is the enemy continually assaulting the church? Why is the church depressed, divorcing, sick, bitter?
1. The fire of the enemy is hitting us because the fire of God is not!
2. How do we deal with the fiery darts of the enemy? The same way we experience the fire of God—FAITH!
3. It’s an issue of belief vs. unbelief!
4. OHHH! We must fix the problem of an encounterless, doubt driven religious experience!
5. Biblically signs, wonders and miracles are normal! They are to happen everywhere all the time! What has happened??!
c. Mark 16:17-18 (NIV) 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."
1. Today signs, wonders, miracles and healings are special and rare, and we are OK with that!
2. Do we not see that the Bible tells us an evidence of belief is that it’s not rare at all! It’s common! The church is supposed to be such a shock to the culture of the world, a strange company of burning believers!
3. Evan in Wales in 1904: “My mission is first to the churches. When the churches are aroused to their duty, men of the world will be swept into the Kingdom. A whole church on its knees is irresistible.”
4. Show Brownsville video (dropbox)
5. 1 Peter 2:9 (KJV) 9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
d. 1 Kings 18:20-24 (ESV) 20 So Ahab sent to all the people of Israel and gathered the prophets together at Mount Carmel. 21 And Elijah came near to all the people and said, “How long will you go limping between two different opinions? If the LORD is God, follow him; but if Baal, then follow him.” And the people did not answer him a word. 22 Then Elijah said to the people, “I, even I only, am left a prophet of the LORD, but Baal’s prophets are 450 men. 23 Let two bulls be given to us, and let them choose one bull for themselves and cut it in pieces and lay it on the wood, but put no fire to it. And I will prepare the other bull and lay it on the wood and put no fire to it. 24 And you call upon the name of your god, and I will call upon the name of the LORD, and the God who answers by fire, he is God.” And all the people answered, “It is well spoken.”
1. The God who answers by fire, he is God!
2. It’s a strong prophetic messenger that will bring an end to this!
3. Declare the word of the Lord! Call down the fire!
e. 2 Kings 1:9-14 (ESV) 9 Then the king sent to him a captain of fifty men with his fifty. He went up to Elijah, who was sitting on the top of a hill, and said to him, “O man of God, the king says, ‘Come down.’ ” 10 But Elijah answered the captain of fifty, “If I am a man of God, let fire come down from heaven and consume you and your fifty.” Then fire came down from heaven and consumed him and his fifty. 11 Again the king sent to him another captain of fifty men with his fifty. And he answered and said to him, “O man of God, this is the king’s order, ‘Come down quickly!’ ” 12 But Elijah answered them, “If I am a man of God, let fire come down from heaven and consume you and your fifty.” Then the fire of God came down from heaven and consumed him and his fifty. 13 Again the king sent the captain of a third fifty with his fifty. And the third captain of fifty went up and came and fell on his knees before Elijah and entreated him, “O man of God, please let my life, and the life of these fifty servants of yours, be precious in your sight. 14 Behold, fire came down from heaven and consumed the two former captains of fifty men with their fifties, but now let my life be precious in your sight.”
1. We must become experts in fire!
2. The moment we do, people will flood to these altars from every bar, movie theater, mall, school… they will suddenly show up trembling, crying, wrenching in grief, desperate for God as the fire consumes them!
3. There is a message that must start to blow through the church! The religious, inward focused, lazy, sleeping, resistant church is blocking the fire of God that the world is waiting for! Get out of the way! God is coming! Repent! Turn!
f. Joel 2:15-17 (NKJV) 15 Blow the trumpet in Zion, Consecrate a fast, Call a sacred assembly; 16 Gather the people, Sanctify the congregation, Assemble the elders, Gather the children and nursing babes; Let the bridegroom go out from his chamber, And the bride from her dressing room. 17 Let the priests, who minister to the LORD, Weep between the porch and the altar; Let them say, "Spare Your people, O LORD, And do not give Your heritage to reproach, That the nations should rule over them. Why should they say among the peoples, ‘Where is their God?' "
1. I’m blowing the trumpet! I’m calling 1000 people to gather on Friday nights! We’re declaring an inconvenient devotion to fire in Detroit! Where are those who are talking about revival? Where are the pastors? Where are the revivalists? Wake up!
2. We were born for this! We weren’t born to simply survive, simply raise a family, simply find a job. We were created for something greater! To burn! To groan! To be fully revived! Now!
3. We were created to return the enemy’s fiery darts with a night and day onslaught of fiery missiles of fierce holy violence!
g. Romans 13:11-12 (NKJV) 11 And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. 12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.
1. It’s time! Put on armor you warriors!
2. William Booth “We must wake ourselves up! Or somebody else will take our place, and bear our cross, and thereby rob us of our crown.”
3. Revelation 3:15-19 (NKJV) 15 I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. 17 Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing'–and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked– 18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent.
h. Romans 13:13-14 (NKJV) 13 Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy. 14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.
1. People are wrecked by a spirit of strife, mad at other people, derailed because of their disappointment in others, in friends, in bosses, in pastors, in churches. STOP IT AND REPENT! Turn! Burn! Rise up! Put on the LORD Jesus Christ!
2. Detroit is going to Hell while the church argues over who’s most important, who has the best vision, how we’re disappointed, upset, rejected. STOP IT! Jesus didn’t expect people to put him on their throne, he allowed their rejection to put him on a bloody cross so he could set them free! My God! Stop looking for the thrones of man! Take on the cross of rejection!
3. It’s the only way the fiery darts of the enemy can be turned on him!
4. It’s time to stop quenching the fire of the Holy Spirit! It’s time to believe, to sign up for a ridiculous level of commitment to revival, to burn night and day and quench not only the darts of the enemy on our lives, but the fiery darts that have been raining down on Detroit for decades. Revival is coming to Detroit, church!!!!!!!!!!
I absolutely love and crave a revival atmosphere where the Spirit of God moves freely and in power. I know there is a yearning within many for the same thing, and the Holy Spirit is awakening us to that desire.
It’s important and it’s God- but it’s not enough. God never intended it to be. An atmosphere like that is in some ways a conduit of the greater mission, and in other ways an overflow of the greater mission.
I often hear about people’s frustration about the lack of Holy Spirit activity, freedom and anointing in church services. I understand that frustration. However, we have to be careful not to presume that a breakout service is the ultimate goal.
If we are using the system of the church to give us what we want, what we demand, even if it’s a holy encounter, then we are embracing a religious spirit. My favorite definition of religion is this: Man’s attempt to use God or God’s systems to get what he wants. We can’t use God’s system, but we can and should avail ourselves to it, and to God Himself.
We have to understand that the yearning for anointing and freedom in our church services isn’t primarily due to a God initiated desire to experience His presence alone, it is primarily so we can experience God’s presence which will free us up to know him deeply and fulfill our ministries.
I’ve been in indescribable revival style, Holy Spirit heavy atmospheres that have transformed me forever. It’s common to come out of a service like that with a sense of having experienced the crescendo. It feels great, we experience God, we are free, and we want more! This is good… very good. However, we must be disciplined enough to ask the greater question- what does this new found freedom enable me to do for the Kingdom?
Revival Church will be intently focused on experiencing God in overwhelming and deep ways as often as we can. The tremble in the fear of the Lord must be normal in this church. However, we cannot head home on a Sunday hoping for a repeat the next Sunday as a driving focus. That can’t be our primary thought. We have to look beyond the horizon and see where this manifest presence of God can lead us.
Instead of being satisfied with local church transformation (as wonderful as that is), we must not relent until we experience city, national and international transformation. The powerful encounter with God is in itself a fulfilled mission… without question. We are to pray continually, know him deeply, experience transforming intimacy night and day. Absolutely. But, when we encounter God at this level, we cannot help but to be driven with tears in our eyes for the greater things. For greater revival. For transformed lives. For impact that’s felt around the world.
The experience in the Upper Room in Acts was life-altering to say the least. That encounter however simply could not be contained in that room! It had to explode into society.
If a revival atmosphere in our church isn’t ultimately felt in a much greater radius, you have to question whether it’s revival at all.
Acts 2:1-2 (ESV) 1 When the day of Pentecost arrived, they were all together in one place. 2 And suddenly there came from heaven a sound like a mighty rushing wind, and it filled the entire house where they were sitting.
Acts 2:5-6 (ESV) 5 Now there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men from every nation under heaven. 6 And at this sound the multitude came together, and they were bewildered, because each one was hearing them speak in his own language.
Last night I was at an event with Barbara Yoder and she mentioned a new sound that’s coming. I’ve heard others say the same thing. I agree. I believe this sound will be multi-faceted, but it will be without question the sound of God. As in Acts 2, When the sound comes, the multitudes will gather!
The sound of God will invade the house and it will be heard in the city.
Join us for our next Revival Church service… every Sunday at 6pm!