Dutch Sheets: Renewed Hope for America
“Stay the Course”
Read the original article here: http://www.elijahlist.com/words/display_word.html?ID=12184
In recent visits to Arkansas and Mississippi, the hunger of the people, the release of revelation and moving of Holy Spirit far exceeded my expectations. These states are on God's radar – He is going to move there with the spirit of revival in powerful ways. I had an especially strong sense while there that many prodigals will soon be returning to Father. God is about to draw them back to Himself with an irresistible force!
I also heard Holy Spirit say, “Opposition, both from the Church and the world, will increase as we break out of normal. Religious spirits will insist on maintaining old structures and systems, and the kingdom of darkness will react aggressively to the spirit of revival. Don't be alarmed at this. Stay the course and resist the demonic pressure!”
The first step in resisting the enemy is being aware of his tactics. Keep your eyes and ears open and don't be surprised. Offensively resist his plans.
He Has Promised!
The Lord also said, “Strategies will begin to change for congregations, ministries and even businesses.”
Just as the strategy of the Lord for John the Baptist changed when Jesus began His ministry, Holy Spirit is about to speak new plans, ideas, activities and methods to those who are listening. Change is in the air! Listen carefully for His instruction concerning your ministries and businesses!
Finally, I heard Him say, “The Intercessors are weary. Breakthroughs are hanging from Heaven waiting for those who will receive a second wind and lay hold!”
The long season of praying for revival and outpouring has caused many to grow weary. Some have lost heart; others are simply tired and listless. We must pray for them, and each of us must stir ourselves into renewed intercession, encourage ourselves in the Lord, and receive renewed strength.
Let God's wind blow on you and lay hold to His promises! He has promised and He will bring it to pass!
Renewed Hope For America
I recognize that the mandate upon my life in this season is to restore hope to America and be a voice for awakening and reformation. The fear of the Lord compels me to carry out this mandate with steadfast determination. The Lord is so kind to continuously make it undeniably clear that this race I am running is one that He has clearly marked out for me, and the message I am preaching is precisely what is on God's heart for America at this time. The past few weeks have been extremely encouraging.
I met with a group of pastors in Louisiana last month whom, like many, are tired of business as usual. They are tired with of the lack of fruit, tired of competing with one another for members, and tired of losing the culture war for the soul of our nation. But they are also full of faith! This faith is motivating them to pray—really pray—and seek God together. With a burning desire to tear down walls that divide and debilitate us, they're holding joint services (on Sundays!), dreaming together and making plans to impact their region with revival and reformation. These church leaders are serious about being the Ekklesia!
Thereafter, I ministered in Canfield, Ohio and Beaumont, Texas, where we experienced powerful moves of God. Many leaders were present in each of those gatherings, crying out for God to bring awakening and reformation to America. These stirrings, and the desperation of leaders is encouraging. They are great signs of the kind of hunger needed to generate revival.
While in Ohio I received one of the strongest and most encouraging words I've been given in a long time. After hearing me teach on awakening and reformation, noted author and teacher, Dr. Myles Monroe, grabbed me—literally—and said:
“I now have hope for America!” He went on to say over and over, “You are right! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!” Then he said to me, “You are a reformer! Take it to the nation! You'll be called to Washington DC, to state capitols and to cities. They will seek your counsel and wisdom. You are called to reform this nation.”
I feel this word burning in my spirit. I am thinking, praying and processing through what he prophesied. I believe God has told me a new season of great favor is coming. Many doors will open into new arenas that will bring expanded influence and fruit.
I feel this is a word for all of us. The challenges of our era will be met by incredible grace and power. Position yourself now to receive this. Spiritual promotions are being prepared now for many. Move upward into yours.
Spirit of Awakening
I want to help you see what God is already doing in cities across America as the spirit of awakening sweeps across the nation—the unexpected in the least likely of places. As I travel from week to week, I am seeing an increased presence of the Lord as remnants of Believers pursue God with great intensity. I am witnessing miraculous healings, deliverances and profound prophetic revelation—even to the unsaved. There are major shifts in strategy taking place within the Body, and provision and favor is coming from unexpected sources. With great joy, I can also say that I am seeing the prodigals return home.
For the hope of our nation,
Dutch Sheets Dutch Sheets Ministries Email: click here
Dutch Sheets is an internationally known speaker and was recently named the Executive Director of Christ for the Nations Institute. Dutch is a successful author who has written many books including the best-seller Intercessory Prayer and his recent book, Dream. Dutch travels extensively, empowering Believers for passionate prayer and world-changing revival. Dutch and his wife, Ceci, reside in Dallas, Texas.
Dutch Sheets' Itinerary:
Note: Events are subject to change at the ministry's discretion. We suggest you always check first with the event contact listed here and/or directly visit their website for latest updates on each event.
June 12-13, 2013 (7pm) With: Dutch Sheets, Ken Malone and Rick Pino Crossroads Fellowship 605 State Road 66, Sebring, FL 33875 Contact: 863-655-0212
June 14, 2013 (7pm) Voice of Awakening With Dutch Sheets, Ken Malone and Rick Pino Redeeming Word Church 2800 West Prospect Road, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309 Contact: 863-229-2702
June 20, 2013 (7pm) Jump in the Refreshing River! Glory of Zion Ministries 7801 S I-35E, Corinth, TX 76210 Contact: 940-382-7231
A religious spirit can haunt you and subtly impact your life and ministry.
FIRST: Spread the word FAR AND WIDE! Sunday at Revival Church should be historic!
Immediately after TheCall, Matt Sorger and Catherine Mullins will be ministering in prophecy, signs, wonders and miracles! The service starts at 6pm this Sunday, November 13th!
We have received great feedback on our new xpmedia videos! As a channel host we have the opportunity to spread the message of revival and reformation and freedom to the nations! We are currently a featured channel, so pray for a lot of favor and impact for Jesus!
The latest video is ready! I discuss how to identify a religious spirit.
My definition of religion is: Man’s attempt to use God to get what he wants.
That attitude is very subtle but deadly. You can watch the video here: www.revivallab.com/xp
I also have a new article where I discuss ten threats to revival. Check it out here! http://www.xpmedia.com/article?artId=323
3: marked by originality and verve <audacious experiments>
Every definition of the word audacious fits perfectly in the definition of the mission of the church. It certainly does for the church I am so honored to lead, Revival Church in the Detroit area.
In a season where most of the church in the Western world has been marginalized, the time is now for daring, bold, and yes, reckless leaders to pierce a stagnant, stale and religious culture with the sharp sword of the Spirit of the Lord. Now is the time for burning men and women to shock the nations.
I will never apologize for the white hot passion we have for the presence and plans of our wonderfully fearful God. In fact, we are still quite far from the level of trembling and zeal that will soon be here. The fire must get perpetually and exponentially hotter.
We refuse to get excited about any goals that don’t require ridiculous faith and that don’t cause the kingdom of darkness and the kingdom of religion to shudder. Those kingdoms are coming down.
The plan of action includes the pursuit of extreme Holy Spirit activity. Signs, wonders, miracles and experiential manifestations of the glory of God are key. We are going after God with abandon!
So many people believe that we are waiting for God to bring revival…and that we have to jump through hoops to cause him to do it. What a frustrating life to live! Jesus let us know that he was done. He said, “It is finished.” He sent the apostles to do the work that Jesus used to do when he was on the Earth. He said he’d send the Promise, the Holy Spirit, to enable them. So they waited for the Holy Spirit…but we don’t have to! He has been empowering us for 2000 years! Now we literally carry God and we have every resource right now to release revival into the world! We aren’t waiting for God, he’s waiting for us!
It’s time to gather together, to receive ridiculous vision, stir up crazy faith and plan the impossible! We can bring revival to Detroit now!
TEN AUDACIOUS GOALS
- It’s all about the numbers. At Revival Church we are fearlessly going after those that yearn for God, and we are out to build the largest and most impactful ministry in Detroit—and every other pastor in this region should have the same audacious plans! If the Detroit Lions can hold Sunday services and unapologetically draw in 70,000 people to Ford Field, you have to be kidding if you think Christian leaders should have a problem with determining to have a greater impact. I see stadiums filled week after week with fervent lovers of Jesus in Detroit. (I can’t wait for TheCall on 11/11/11, but it’s an indictment against the church that months of cheerleading and mobilization must take place prior to the event just so the church would show up for one service at Ford Field—and the tickets are free!)
- Acts 2:47 (NKJV) 47 … And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.
- The culture will never drive us. It’s time for the church to repent for succumbing to the busyness and distractions of American culture. We are calling people to a fully immersive life of Kingdom activity. Instead of cancelling services out of respect for the distracted we are calling a company of forerunners to blaze a trail of Acts chapter 2 style devotion and urgency. Someone asked Pastor Steve Gray, the leader of the Smithton Outpouring, “How is it that you can be at church six nights a week?” Steve replied, “How is it that you can watch TV six nights a week?”
- Ephesians 5:14-17 (ESV) 14 for anything that becomes visible is light. Therefore it says, “Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.” 15 Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
- We are planning on hosting and serving one of the worlds greatest revivals in history. The times are urgent, and the harvest is waiting. We acknowledge that many other amazing churches are building according to the critical plans God has given them. But, the vision we have cannot be found anywhere in Detroit, so we are provoked to build. There is a Nehemiah cry that is resounding at Revival Church. The project is massive and the time is short. We both praying and working simultaneously so the masses have a place to go on any weekend or weekday to experience the revival they so crave.
- Nehemiah 4:1-2 (NKJV) 1 But it so happened, when Sanballat heard that we were rebuilding the wall, that he was furious and very indignant, and mocked the Jews. 2 And he spoke before his brethren and the army of Samaria, and said, "What are these feeble Jews doing? Will they fortify themselves? Will they offer sacrifices? Will they complete it in a day? Will they revive the stones from the heaps of rubbish–stones that are burned?"
- We are to be a threat to the status quo. The religious structures are coming down. We embrace the principles of the story of Gideon. Religious altars are coming down and an army of fearless warriors is being raised up to take a city. We have no option to blend into the prevailing church landscape. It’s time to war!
- Acts 17:6 (ESV) 6 And when they could not find them, they dragged Jason and some of the brothers before the city authorities, shouting, “These men who have turned the world upside down have come here also,
- The 24/7 church will be the norm. If the Tigers and Red Wings can dominate the night here in Detroit, and if thousands converge together in unity to celebrate them, we won’t stop until the same level of devotion is found in the church.
- Acts 2:46-47 (NKJV) 46 So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, 47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.
- We are believing for millions of dollars to come into Revival Church. We are boldly praying and asking for the resources to complete our mission. A religious spirit will attempt to shoot down such a focus, but if a person can believe for his household bills to be paid then you better believe we are expecting God’s mission to be financially covered. The provision will match the vision.
- Philippians 4:19 (ESV) 19 And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
- The church isn’t a building, but it meets in one. We’re planning on a property to hold thousands of people, dorms, a school of ministry and much more. Read more here: https://burton.tv/2010/08/20/you-are-not-the-church-the-scattering-movement-what-about-church-online/
- We’re going to annihilate the sheep stealing myth. At Revival Church we have open hands. We don’t own the sheep at Revival Church and we have no patience for any controlling doctrine that teaches otherwise. While we do encourage people to a high level of honor and commitment, we also honor them and understand that God may lead them to participate in other churches and ministries. We have an open recruitment policy here as well. Any pastor can come into Revival Church and attempt to recruit anybody on my staff or team without any guilt or fear. You can read more here: https://burton.tv/2011/09/06/church-competition-and-the-sheep-stealingtransfer-growth-myth/
- Revival is coming to Detroit. With all of the phenomenal and hungry revivalists in Detroit, and with the prayer movement and other strategies expanding all over the region, the time is now to experience revival. However, we also believe that revival will probably be hosted in one primary location. We are preparing for that location to be Revival Church. But, we’re also pretty smart and we realize that the chances are high that it will land in another church. The call will be to travel, to lead the people out, to go where the fire is. So, in that case, we will be highly invested there in addition to developing the supporting ministry of Revival Church.
- Exodus 13:21 (ESV) 21 And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead them along the way, and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, that they might travel by day and by night.
- We have names and faces. We fully embrace the heart of the nameless, faceless movement. Extreme humility is mandatory. However, that movement has in some places adopted a strange false-unity ideology. Leaders are being renounced in favor of equality in function. This just isn’t biblical. We expect to have so many humble, surrendered people who embrace the cross of Christ that they will be promoted by God to have influence over millions of desperate people. We can’t hide. We can’t blend in. We can’t espouse false humility. There are prophetic messengers arising and the world will know who they are and they will fall in love with Jesus who they carry.
- 1 Corinthians 11:1 (NKJV) 1 Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.