Here are the notes for TONIGHT’S teaching on Prophetic Messengers
Listen LIVE TONIGHT at 7pm EDT here: www.detroitprayerfurnace.com/live
If you stumble across this after the fact, go to http://media.johnburton.net and search for the first teaching in the series Prophetic Messengers!
If you are within 100 miles of Detroit—LEAVE HOME NOW and join us! The fire of God is all over me! Tonight is going to be significant.
**After the notes, I will include info about joining our leadership team at the Detroit Prayer Furnace. We are seeking 40+ people who will give leadership to the prayer movement!
I. The voices must be heard! The power of life and death is in the tongue!
a. Now, more than ever, the remnant must get a clue! Rise up! Open your mouths!
i. This means you! You are a prophetic messenger! You declare truth!
ii. Wake up with the call to impact burning in you!
iii. The church is silent. Christians are posting sweet nothings on Facebook when we must be provoking and awakening a numb church that has no sense of spiritual violence and is little threat to the enemy.
iv. Most don’t post truth for two reasons:
1. They don’t want to offend friends and family.
2. They don’t hear from the Lord.
v. Joe Sazyc: Prophets are always victims of those who didn't like their message.
vi. Generally, prophetic churches don't get very big. The prophetic ain't popular. People like prophets from a distance. That doesn't mean they don't have impact. ~Joe Sazyc
1. The impact you have may not draw the people you want to you. It will probably repel people you care about from you. But you WILL have impact!
2. Some friends and family will probably cut off relationship with you!
vii. Luke 14:25-28 (ESV) 25 Now great crowds accompanied him, and he turned and said to them, 26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple. 27 Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple. 28 For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it?
1. ESV Study Bible : “Hating” is a Semitic expression for loving less.
2. Scofield: All terms which define the emotions or affections are comparative. Natural affection is to be, as compared with the believer's devotedness to Christ, as if it were hate.
3. We see the same expression when God said, “Jacob I have loved but Essau I have hated.”
a. We must proclaim truth knowing that it will absolutely enrage people you love! It is for their freedom!
4. Follow people like Isaiah Saldivar. His entire Twitter feed is one provoking prophetic decree after another! He’s on a mission! He’s 22!
5. Some of his posts:
a. “If you don't think being holy is important than you don't think seeing God is important.”
b. “No amount of false teaching will be able to widen the narrow road.”
c. “Not being on time is saying your time is more important than someone else's.”
d. “God cannot trust you with a stage if you struggle to show up to church on time.”
e. “Don't envy those who God promotes and expect a promotion.”
f. “We have lost the spirit of conviction due to fear of condemning people.”
g. “I know countless people who preach on revival and awakening. I know few who are willing to pay the price.”
h. “If your revelation of joy is laughter in church you have sold yourself short.”
i. “We should be more sensitive to how the Holy Spirit feels than how people feel.”
j. “If we were really sensitive to seekers our services would be longer not shorter.”
k. “Jesus is coming back for a church not a relevant movement.”
m. “It would be interesting to see people express their opinions in real life and not just behind a keyboard.”
viii. Messengers arise! Get the word of the Lord hour after hour! Burn! And shout those messages from the rooftops!
1. Every Christian on the planet should have a Twitter and Facebook and Youtube account…and should take media over with never-ending proclamations of truth!
ix. With the situation in Syria upon us, we have no option but to open our mouths!
1. Saw a vision of a sudden Revolutionary War…a shaking that provoked the people who were working in their fields to pick up their guns and fight.
2. Are you ready?
3. You have the authority to DEMAND COMPLIANCE and to decree order!
II. Break Down and Build Up
a. Jeremiah 1:4-10 (ESV) 4 Now the word of the LORD came to me, saying, 5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.” 6 Then I said, “Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, I do not know how to speak, for I am only a youth.” 7 But the LORD said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am only a youth’; for to all to whom I send you, you shall go, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. 8 Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you, declares the LORD.” 9 Then the LORD put out his hand and touched my mouth. And the LORD said to me, “Behold, I have put my words in your mouth. 10 See, I have set you this day over nations and over kingdoms, to pluck up and to break down, to destroy and to overthrow, to build and to plant.”
i. Number One: The word of the Lord came to me.
1. This must happen now for the remnant!
2. The prophetic atmosphere must skyrocket!
3. Sheep must hear God’s voice!
4. The prayer movement is key!
ii. Number Two: We are known by God and appointed by God.
1. We are assigned!
2. Do you participate in church or ministry due to assignment or opportunity?
3. Your answer will determine your readiness.
iii. Number Three: We have no excuse!
1. Don’t say I’m only a youth, I’m only a housewife, I’m not educated, I can’t speak!
iv. Number Four: We will speak what the Lord commands us to
v. Number Five: Have no fear
vi. Number Six: God has touched our mouths and appointed us over nations!
III. Jeremiah Continued
a. Jeremiah 1:11-19 (ESV) 11 And the word of the LORD came to me, saying, “Jeremiah, what do you see?” And I said, “I see an almond branch.” 12 Then the LORD said to me, “You have seen well, for I am watching over my word to perform it.”
i. Dake: A staff for striking, made from an almond tree. Here it symbolizes a watchman, a vigilant officer looking for the invasion of Judah by Babylon.
ii. God is setting up watchmen!
iii. We can’t be an echo, we must be a voice. What is God saying?
iv. His Words are being delivered…are you receiving them?
1. He’s watching over his word, not ours! We can’t pray amiss!
v. ESV Study Bible : Jeremiah can expect that when he speaks God’s words, the words will come true.
vi. Do you have that confidence?
b. 13 The word of the LORD came to me a second time, saying, “What do you see?” And I said, “I see a boiling pot, facing away from the north.” 14 Then the LORD said to me, “Out of the north disaster shall be let loose upon all the inhabitants of the land. 15
i. Life Application Study Bible: The pot of boiling water tipping from the north and spilling over Judah pictured Babylon delivering God's scalding judgment against Jeremiah's people.
ii. Boiling pot: An Oriental symbol of a raging war.
iii. How can America oppose the chemical massacre of 426 Syrian children & support the chemical massacre of 4000 American children a day?
c. For behold, I am calling all the tribes of the kingdoms of the north, declares the LORD, and they shall come, and every one shall set his throne at the entrance of the gates of Jerusalem, against all its walls all around and against all the cities of Judah.
i. God so loved his people that their rebellion put his eternity with them at risk.
ii. If God’s methods of allowing enemies of his people to attack were valid then, certainly it’s valid now.
iii. It’s interesting that God sent enemies to the gates.
1. Cindy Williams: The Lord said; “an unholy triad of deception is forming, watch Russia, Iran and North Korea.”
2. Prov. 8:34 “Blessed is the man who listens to me, Watching daily at my gates, Waiting at my doorposts.
3. Rick Warzywak: The Lord is supernaturally rousing intercessors and watchmen from their sleep and giving them the charge to fulfill their calling to stand alert and serve as “early warning systems” in the spirit.
4. James Goll: We urged our state leaders to call their states to focused prayer over ports and naval bases, including Annapolis, and the eastern gate of the US.
5. Cindy Jacobs: It is clear that we are in need of better “intelligence,” greater clarity, and the need for those who stand guard over our nation to be awake and alert. This is not a time to be asleep, confused or distracted!
6. Cindy Jacobs: Please agree with us in prayer and continue to decree a supernatural watchman anointing over our intelligence community, border agents, customs, the coast guard, the military, and police, in particular for those who stand guard over our ports along the eastern seaboard. In addition to this, please pray for the peace of Jerusalem, and that war would be averted in the Arab world.
7. Cindy Williams: I'm looking at the earthquake world map. I studied this area for a year, so am a little familiar with what it normally looks like and it's trends so what caught my eye today was that ALL the major plates have been shaking and are 6.0 or 6.6 (number of man).
d. 16 And I will declare my judgments against them, for all their evil in forsaking me. They have made offerings to other gods and worshiped the works of their own hands.
i. Dake: God always makes the reasons for His judgments clear, in time for men to avoid them if they will listen. Four reasons for judgment here:
2. Forsaking God
a. Leonard Ravenhill: We have forsaken God, we have forsaken the prayer rooms.
3. Burning incense to other gods
a. Burning Man: Aug 26-Sept 2
b. 50,000 people
4. Worshiping the works of their own hands
ii. Ephesians 5:3-17 (ESV) 3 But sexual immorality and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints. 4 Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving. 5 For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. 6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. 7 Therefore do not become partners with them; 8 for at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light 9 (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true), 10 and try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord. 11 Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them. [THIS IS HUGE! WE MUST EXPOSE DARKNESS!] 12 For it is shameful even to speak of the things that they do in secret. 13 But when anything is exposed by the light, it becomes visible, 14 for anything that becomes visible is light. Therefore it says, “Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.” 15 Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
1. This is huge!
e. Jer 1:17 But you, dress yourself for work; arise, and say to them everything that I command you. Do not be dismayed by them, lest I dismay you before them.
i. It’s time to work!
ii. It’s about the assignment not the opportunity!
1. ESV: He must not be dismayed by them (his foes) as he works, or God will give him over to their terrors.
f. 18 And I, behold, I make you this day a fortified city, an iron pillar, and bronze walls, against the whole land, against the kings of Judah, its officials, its priests, and the people of the land. 19 They will fight against you, but they shall not prevail against you, for I am with you, declares the LORD, to deliver you.”
i. God is purging, purifying, and he will prevail if we aren’t dismayed!
JOIN THE CORE AT THE DETROIT PRAYER FURNACE
Expect a piercing prophetic message of revival by Corry Robinson TONIGHT at Revival Church!
Corry Robinson was with Pastor Joe Sazyc this morning and I received the following texts:
“Brother, I’m BURNING! Something’s gonna happen tonight!”
“Prophetic exploding! Bodies all over the floor.”
“I’m telling you. There is something powerful and REAL about this guy!”
Burning intercession begins at 5pm tonight and the night of fire begins at 6pm!
Check this out from Corry:
We are entering a time of true demarcation! Those who don’t really know Jesus from the place of intimacy will EXHAUST THEMSELVES with worthless attempts of self glorification. They may have big building programs and big MEDIA HYPE and big crowds; but at the end of the day, their works will be counted as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in the Presence of the ONLY ONE WORTHY of all those things. And the world will know the difference: those who will settle for hype will have NO SUBSTANCE, while those who are wholehearted will have THE NAME OF GOD written on their assemblies-the Name that carries more weight than anything in the UNIVERSE!!! I said all of that to say to those who embrace the life of simplistic wholeheartedness, ”Continue to embrace the place of obscurity; and at the right time, THE LORD HIMSELF will raise you up-AND YOU WON’T HAVE TO SPEND MILLIONS FOR HIM TO DO IT! Just continue to spend your time wisely!
Corry is the founder of FireBrand Worship, a music ministry that emphasizes passionate, wholehearted devotion to Jesus Christ particularly through music. He has been referenced by some as one who ‘releases the trumpet sound of the Lord’ through spontaneous prophetic worship. Corry also founded the Orlando Night Of Worship (Orlando N.O.W.!), which seeks to gather worship leaders, intercessors, singers and musicians in the Central Florida area for monthly 8-hour ‘nightwatch’ gatherings that focus on cultivating intimate worship and intercession, and to equip individuals through teaching on intimacy with Jesus. Corry has a deep burden to see God raise up Nazarites out of the inner-cities to become burning and shining lamps, who will stand and hear the voice of the Lord, and herald the message of the Coming Bridegroom God.
Corry has served as a worship leader in a local church since 1998. He and his wife Lakisha live in Orlando, Florida.
CORRY ROBINSON AT THECALL
Here’s a video of Corry praying at TheCall Detroit: http://youtu.be/K2KDh5spVOc
This is a remarkable video of a manifestation of gold dust at Bethel Church’s Open Heavens Conference!
Church it’s time to contend for a culture of supernatural life that’s filled with wonder!
Check out this video of a visible cloud of gold during a fire tunnel at Bethel Church’s Open Heavens Conference in Redding, California. It was posted by their Youth Pastor, Tom Crandall.
MARK 16:17-18 REPENTANCE MOVEMENT
Mark 16:17-18 (ESV) 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
Repentance? I believe so. We have done a great job of talking about the Kingdom, but have been satisfied with a lack of demonstrating the Kingdom. There must be a movement of repentance in the church for this reality. God must grip our hearts!
As Christians, we have no option to remain removed from a supernatural life of signs, wonders and miracles. We are mandated to experience God in this fashion as a normal part of our ministry.
It’s sadly rare to find a church that highlights a culture of miracles, but that is going to change. If we want revival, it must.
Bizarre and monumental phenomenon’s are coming to the church, and I am convinced that Detroit will be one of the forerunner cities. The glory cloud of God will be visible in this city!
I was amazed several times over two specific weekends when many people noticed a visible glory cloud at Revival Church. Then, I found out that it was also at Pastor Joe Sazyc’s church in Dearborn Heights.
Get ready church for a reformation of understanding of what it is to know God, to encounter him and what it is to go to church! The masses are coming and they aren’t coming for one of our nice church services! They won’t settle for anything less than the tangible, weighty glory of God! I won’t either!
As we progress toward the 24/7 church, revival is brining calibration to the biblical model in Detroit.
I’ve written books and articles and taught countless messages on the emerging 24/7 church that’s coming to this nation. I was convinced that it would take a revival atmosphere to finally draw people together every night—into the 24/7 model—simply because they would then be convinced that there was literally no better place to be or no more important thing to do than encounter God with others.
A PROPOSAL: THE FLEX CHURCH STRUCTURE
Local churches have the unique position of either being a great threat to a regional outpouring, or a great strength. The demands of the regional, corporate gathering are increasing in intensity, and any competing activity (within the church or outside of it) will put the greater city mission at risk.
For example, the need for laborers at The Fireplace is growing. We need people in position—intercessors, pastors, ushers, cleaning crews, musicians, techs, etc. If local churches don’t release their people to participate, then this outpouring is at risk.
Another example of what I’m trying to communicate occurred shortly after I moved to Detroit. Long story short, I was asked to be the keynote speaker at The Palace (where the Detroit Pistons play) where an all-city church outreach was planned. Sadly, churches refused to cancel their own local Wednesday night services so their people could support the event. So, it was cancelled. Do you see what I mean?
Here’s the FLEX CHURCH STRUCTURE proposal: Have a primary local church service that trumps most everything else. Meet on Sunday mornings, for example, and have a high bar of expectancy that your congregation will gather together. Also, have vision-driven, prayer-fueled meetings at other times of the week (Bible studies, youth meetings, small groups, etc.). However, they must be ready to flex—to give way to the demands of the greater regional focus. If a regional call is sounded, pastors will lead their congregations to that event.
Additionally, we as leaders must have open hands and release the people under our care into other churches and ministries. The regular schedule may include Sunday morning at your church, Sunday evening at a house of prayer, Monday evening at a church well known for it’s strengths in teaching, Tuesday evening in a Bible study at another ministry, etc. through the rest of the week. The 24/7 church will be 1.) regionally focused and 2.) include participation with multiple ministries and churches each week.
So, if there’s a Bible study on a Tuesday night, but a fire is lit in another part of the city, then cancel the Bible study and lead the people to the fire. If there’s a youth meeting on a Friday night, cancel that and head to the regional event that God is uniquely moving in.
Check out what Pastor Joe Sazyc wrote this morning:
Something hit me last night after the service… I could do this til Jesus comes! Yes, I the guy who didn't want nightly meetings in the beginning!
There is a hunger in this city! Word is spreading.
What if someone needs God on a Monday night? Do they need to wait for Sunday to have a touch of glory? And what if the glory doesn't “fall” that Sunday or NEVER falls in their church? I am being haunted by Brian's phrase a while back… “God doesn't just want you to have a house of prayer here, he wants you to have a house of GLORY!” All this is reminding me of a passion I have had for years, but all my busyness has stifled in recent months. I have always believed church should be 24/7! Even long before I knew about 24/7 prayer and before IHOP or anything like that existed! I've got to believe a major metro area like Detroit (especially one being marked by God for Awakening) can certainly sustain at least nightly meetings if not 24/7.
All that to say, I'm so hungry for this, I'm tempted to keep this thing going after the 21 days, even if no one were to go with me. It may not look exactly like what we have now, but SOMETHING that invites God's GLORY needs to continue nightly. The Fireplace cannot go out! I KNOW I cannot do it on my own, so I pray our team stays intact and even grows. I pray we begin to see an influx of crazy people who will staff this thing as musicians, ushers, tech people, etc… I think we need to AGGRESSIVELY pray for laborers (Matt. 9) and resources. What's encouraging is that I believe GOD wants this. We won't be bending a reluctant arm!
Comments keep flying in about the outpouring in Detroit!
[Don’t forget TONIGHT’S meeting at The Fireplace! Leonard Jones, Aaron Crider and Brian Simmons will be ministering in fire! It’s at Revival Church, 24036, Greater Mack, St. Clair Shores, MI 48080. We meet in the First United Methodist Church building. Prayer starts at 5pm and the service at 6pm!]
A key national leader told the leadership team that we’d live to regret it if we didn’t jump on this rare opportunity to fan a very special revival flame. We must pay the price.
Pastors, cancel every meeting you can so your church can be at these regional outpouring meetings!
People, cancel every plan you have and run fast to these events every night this week!
Here’s some amazing comments I’ve received:
- Thanks Brian for your caring about our city. May the fire continue to fall. Many have spent years crying out for this.~Barbara Yoder
- Revival fire just fell in Dtroit! Everyone screaming – “I will not turn back!” Strongholds we look you in the face and say “you're coming down!” Fire, tears, shaking, laughter, holy glory!! Kids laid out on the floor shaking and crying! Can't hardly get out the door!~Brian Simmons
- It looks like revival has broken out. It's about an 11 hour drive from CT to Dtroit about 670 miles or the Best deal is White Plains airport US air flights is $270.00 round trip for anyone who heading down. Not sure about hotels or schedule times yet. It's going to spread like wild fire.~Joseph
- Still overcome by what I witnessed last night at the Detroit Fireplace meetings as a powerful wind blew through the mtg – many many testimonies.~Brian Simmons
- The glory mist hung like a cloud over the sanctuary!~Joe Sazyc
- Please check this out. It has pics and info about the revival that just broke loose in Detroit! Friends, this is so amazing… You may want to come to Detroit to experience this Revival of His Presence.~Brian Simmons
- I was there and God really messed me up. He said He was turning me around and as I was driving home last night I got turned around 3x. God was confirming His word. Be at these meetings. Cancel your agenda this week so you can meet with God and experience this great Outpouring of His love. It is worth cancelling anything you have going on! I am a witness!~Pam
- Something really broke loose last night. I'm still wrecked by it. There is such a revival hunger in Detroit! Unity is everywhere and the leaders are ready to offer themselves as a sacrifice for revival glory. Really stunned… I'll keep you posted. Meetings continue all this week and I believe they'll announce soon the plan to go at least 21 days.~Brian Simmons
- “Tonight was amazing… God is so good… as things were wrapping up I was sitting with a few friends interceding for the youth still being ministered to in front when out of the corner of my eye I saw a flash of white light that shot from the floor through the roof. My friend and I sat in awe as we saw tiny white feathers falling in front of us.”~Barb
- OK, We are coming, the CT FIRE Team is hitting the Road for Friday and Saturday night's service. Pray for a safe trip and everthing gets worked out!!!! Get Ready for the Elijah Fire to hit the House in Jesus Name!!!!~Joseph
- Students were crying out to God late into the evening! None of them left the altars except to pray for one another in the foyer where the power of God was also hitting, kids ministering to one another, getting delivered, set free!~Joe Sazyc
Check out the developing plan for facilitating the move toward revival in the Detroit region.
The last prophetic word I received before leaving IHOP and Kansas City for the new mission in Detroit came from a pastor and friend from World Revival Church—the ministry that hosted the Smithton Outpouring. The word was something like:
“John, you are a fire starter. You ignite the fires of revival when you minister, and now God is calling you to build a fireplace. He needs a place to host and facilitate that fire so it continues to burn hot, so it doesn’t die out.”
I often wondered how I was to do that. Then, Brian Simmons rocked me this past Saturday morning when he said, several times, that the Detroit region was to be a fireplace of God’s presence.
You see, my calling and focus in Detroit is very much regional as opposed to local. Revival Church is a regional prophetic center of revival. My heart is to see the fire of the Holy Spirit burn all over the greater Detroit Metro area.
Additionally, I have been feeling strongly the need for a monthly event, much like The Ramp in Alabama, in Detroit for quite some time. Now, that plan is starting to come to pass.
So, we are investing significantly into the regional revival strategy. Here’s some of what is coming:
- theLab prayer—We’re calling 1000 intercessors to gather with us each week as we pray in a different church somewhere in Detroit.
- theLab internship—We are raising up a team of revival minded, prayer fueled people who are interested in serving the coming outpouring. We are in pre-launch right now and are inviting those who want to join with us to show up at our next meeting (We meet at IHOPE every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday from noon-1pm, ever Friday somewhere in Detroit from 10pm-midnight and at Revival Church Sundays at 6pm). We’ll have an info meeting in March, then we plan on launching in June. Contact me for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, visit www.revivallab.com.
- theLab sponsored/endorsed events—Pastor Joe Sazyc is giving leadership, along with several other pastors, to a new monthly gathering. The fire is simmering, and we will be stoking those flames once a month in a worship and teaching mini-conference once a month somewhere in Detroit. The Fire in February Conference started something that words cannot describe. I’m still trembling! Stay tuned… we’ll announce the schedule as we develop it.
I’d love to hear from you! What do you think? How would you like to participate?
I believe theLab internship will go a long way in covering the monthly events in intercession AND in serving the events practically. A well oiled machine, a unified team of revivalists will be working together each month to serve the mission of revival in Detroit!
Of course, there are other key movements under way as well including EACH, 24FLOOD, IHOPE and several others. We’re behind all of them and can’t wait to see how it all will come together!
This is very exciting! Contact me at email@example.com and share your thoughts!
Listen to this interview from earlier today—I discuss the mission in Detroit, revival and much more!
(Did you know New Testament Christians are called to martyrdom? Watch the latest teaching video at media.johnburton.net)
FIRST—Have you registered for this weekend’s Fire in February conference? A 50-year revival in Detroit has been prophesied by one of the guest speakers—a revival that is to begin in February and March! Register NOW at www.awakeningnet.us.
Here’s a text I received from Pastor Joe Sazyc about the event:
Joe Sazyc: Hey all. I'm trying 2 get 2 the office, but on phone all morning w speakers! THEY'RE calling. THEY'RE sensing something extraordinary. Brian just told me “James & I want u 2 know. We r ready 2 fly back Monday if something breaks out!” R U READY 4 SOMETHING LIKE THAT!
SECOND—theLab and Revival Church are providing the intercession covering for the conference. We need YOU to show up 1 hour prior to each session to pray with us. Look at the schedule on the website at www.awakeningnet.us.
Earlier this afternoon I was interviewed by Apostle John Roberts of Faithquake. I discussed the strategy for revival in Detroit, the new internship theLab, the prayer movement and other key topics.
You can listen to the interview at www.faithquake.org.
ALSO, be sure to watch last night’s teaching video about theLab Staff. It’s a powerful message about radical advance. You can watch the video, listen to the audio stream and/or download the teaching notes at media.johnburton.net.
Here’s a portion of the notes:
1. The word witnesses (Acts 1) is the Greek word mar-toos, which means martyrs!
2. The mandate was not to witness, but to move out as martyrs, as people who embraced the most extreme level of commitment, of sacrifice and with full devotion to continually consider the cost and to pay it!
ii. We have a mandate to gather people with this level of commitment, 1000 intercessors to pray together every Friday night in Detroit—a portable portal.
iii. theLab Staff will be trained to give leadership to the intercessors.
iv. We will be moving out in apostolic power to bring transformation to Detroit.