A revival culture is quite different than most realize.
The reformation that’s coming will be resisted by most—even by most who would say they are hungry for revival.
The surrender and work and trouble that’s required will cause those who are addicted to comfort and personal endeavors to stop well short of the mark.
I wanted to make it easy for people to understand what the vision at Revival Church is.
I want to answer the questions:
- What should I expect from the Revival Church experience?
- What should I not expect?
- What is the goal?
- What's expected of me?
- What are the core realities I should run with?
The entire vision is best viewed by reading 20 Elements of Revival. If it's in there, it's in our vision. But, it helps to narrow it down as well.
Here's what I came up with…it's still a work in progress, but I thought I'd let you take a look:
Revival Church Mission Statement
Revival Church exists to gather forerunners who are united in the mandate to initiate reformation in the church and revival in the region. As carriers of the fire of God, we are single-minded in our mission to rally a generation that will embrace the cross of Christ, pursue radical holiness, engage in fervent prayer, live a life of repentance and experience both the freedom and the fear of the Lord.
Revival Church Mission Strategy
Adapted from John Burton’s book 20 Elements of Revival, we rally around these revival strategies:
- Consecration: As a company of reformers we are alert and intentional in our mission. The call for all is to gather together continually, free of distraction, with surrendered hearts, in unwavering agreement and with an unusual investment of time, energy and passion.
- Fiery Prayer: The biblical church is a house of continual prayer, and we commit to upholding that standard. Every Christian has the sober responsibility and wondrous opportunity to pray in such a way that the fire of God burns night and day in our lives, our church, our region and the nations.
- Fear & Trembling: The fear of the Lord will always be before us. Brokenness and repentance is a continual reality in the resulting atmosphere that will facilitate a historic end-time revival.
- Culture shock: When truth is preached, religious spirits react and the hungry marvel. Comfort zones are threatened and personal endeavors are disrupted. In the fear of the Lord, we will prophetically decree shocking and liberating realities of the Kingdom of God.
- Wonders: A supernatural baptism of fire will hit all who have given themselves to Jesus without measure. Death to self, humility and a bold, burning spirit of prayer will open the door to a life of wonders!
The purpose of this is to help people understand what it really takes to see revival come. Of course, the above isn’t comprehensive, and it’s not meant to be. But, it does help people understand the foundations.
Let’s lock in and endure to the end together—it will be well worth it when the fire falls!